- Buy Cheap Red Giant Trapcode Suite 12 MAC
- Buy Cheap Eset Smart Security 6 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Intuit TurboTax 2009 Deluxe
- Buy OEM Windows 7 For Dummies Quick Reference
- Download iSkysoft iTube Studio 2 MAC
- Buy OEM CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Corel VideoStudio Pro X4
- Buy Cheap Sony DVD Architect Pro 6
- Buy OEM Creative Photoshop CS4: Digital Illustration and Art Techniques
- Buy OEM Apple iLife ’11 MAC
- 69.95$ Adobe After Effects CS3 Professional cheap oem
|Braley Announces Over $268 Million for High Speed Rail|
|News Releases - Travel & Tourism|
|Written by Alexandra Krasov|
|Monday, 09 May 2011 14:26|
Washington, DC – May 9, 2011 - Today, Congressman Bruce Braley (IA-01) announced that Iowa will benefit from over $268 million awarded to five Midwestern states for the continued development of high speed rail lines.
This award allows for the purchase of 48 passenger rail cars and 7 locomotives for 8 corridors in Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Michigan and Wisconsin. These new cars and locomotives will be able to travel up to speeds of 125 mph to comply with the Passenger Rail Investment and Improvement Act of 2008. The new equipment will replace aging Amtrak equipment with cars that add capacity for anticipated usage, improve operational reliability and reduce operating costs.
“Today’s announcement is great news for Iowans and our neighbors,” Braley said. “Passenger rail is critical to the continued economic development of the region. This is one more step to create jobs and put Iowa’s economy back on track.”
In October, the Department of Transportation awarded $230 million in federal funding for a new Amtrak route between Chicago and Iowa City through the Quad Cities. The project is scheduled for completion in 2015 and will create 588 jobs per year for the first four years of design and construction. Once initiated, the new rail service is expected to increase business activity by $25 million per year.
Tags See All Tags