- Buy Cheap Adobe FreeHand MX
- Download Photoshop CS3 for Screen Printers
- 289.95$ Adobe Technical Communication Suite 3.5 cheap oem
- Download iExpert Registry Clean Expert 4.58
- Download Office 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- 79.95$ Microsoft Expression Studio 4 Web Professional (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Real World Adobe Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- 219.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Revit Structure Suite 2009 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Premium MAC
- Discount - BeLight Software Swift Publisher 2 MAC
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn French (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- 219.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard cheap oem
|Braley Blasts Wasteful Spending at Center of GSA Scandal|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Jeff Giertz|
|Tuesday, 17 April 2012 13:46|
House panel investigates $800,000 Las Vegas conference
Washington, DC – Rep. Bruce Braley (IA-01) today strongly criticized the US General Services Administration (GSA) for allowing the wasteful spending of taxpayer dollars in connection with a conference held at a luxury Las Vegas casino in 2010. The House Oversight and Government Reform Committee held a hearing this afternoon to investigate the scandal. Braley is a member of the committee.
In 2007, Braley led questioning of another GSA employee accused of wrongdoing who was called to testify before Congress. GSA Administrator Lurita Doan was ultimately forced to resign for improperly holding political briefings on federal property.
“The GSA won’t need a mind reader to know my feelings about their weekend in Vegas: it was an utter and complete waste of taxpayer dollars,” Braley said. “It’s unconscionable that while taxpayers are struggling through a recession, a federal agency is wasting their money on fancy catered meals and luxury hotels in Las Vegas. Something’s got to change – and every person responsible for this outrageous behavior needs to be held fully accountable.”
On April 2nd, the GSA Inspector General issued a report highlighting “excessive, wasteful, and…impermissible” spending in connection with a regional conference held at the M Resort in Las Vegas, Nevada, in 2010. The report found that costs for the conference exceeded $800,000, including $75,000 paid for a bicycle-building project, excessive spending ($146,000) on meals, and over $136,000 in planning costs for the conference, including hotel stays at the Ritz Carlton Las Vegas.
The report prompted GSA Administrator Martha Johnson to resign.
Other improper spending at the conference included a clown, a mind reader, and a comedian.
The GSA Inspector General has asked the Department of Justice to consider criminal charges against GSA employee and event organizer Jeffrey E. Neely. Neely was subpoenaed to testify before the Oversight Committee today.
# # #
Tags See All Tags