- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2015 (32-bit)
- Discount - IMSI TurboCAD Pro V5 MAC
- Buy Adobe Acrobat X Suite (en,fr,de,ja)
- Download Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 & Adobe Premiere Elements 10
- Buy Cheap Linotype FontExplorer X Pro 4 MAC
- Download SnagIt 11
- Buy Cheap Adobe Fireworks CS4
- 59.95$ Adobe Contribute CS4 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Propellerhead Reason 4 MAC (en,de,ja,fr)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Power Shortcuts
- Buy OEM Understanding Adobe Photoshop CS4
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Inventor 2015 (64-bit)
- 89.95$ Adobe Premiere Pro CS5.5 cheap oem
|Braley Continues Push to Create Veterans’ Job Corps|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Kirsten Hartman|
|Wednesday, 09 April 2014 08:07|
Congressman: Putting veterans’ specialized skills to use is common sense
Washington, D.C. – Rep. Bruce Braley (IA-01) today continued his fight to create a Veterans’ Job Corps, reintroducing legislation that would put unemployed veterans back to work using skills they developed in the military—in such roles as improving our national parks, serving as police officers and firefighters and working in local communities.
“Unemployment levels for veterans remains higher than the national average, and the Veterans’ Jobs Corps is an opportunity to level the playing field for those that have sacrificed so much for our country,” Braley said. “Many of our veterans have highly valued skills that could be put to good use with minimal training—it’s commonsense that we should pursue every opportunity to do that.”
The Veterans’ Jobs Corps Act would allow the executive branch to create the program as a cooperative project between federal agencies. Members of the jobs corps could be employed to improve public lands and national parks, prevent forest fires, work in public safety jobs and control floods. Participation in the corps would be open to veterans and widows of veterans.
Braley previously co-hosted a series of bipartisan field hearings on veterans’ unemployment. Braley also successfully fought for a pair of tax credits that give businesses incentives to hire unemployed veterans.
A link to the bill can be found HERE.
Tags See All Tags