- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Mudbox 2012 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk SketchBook Pro 2011 MAC
- Buy OEM ABest Video to AppleTV 3GP SWF Converter
- Discount - Autodesk Simulation Mechanical 2012
- Buy Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Night and Low Light
- Download Disk Drill Pro 1.8 MAC
- Download Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2
- Buy Cheap ABest MPEG VCD DVD Video Converter
- Buy Cheap BeLight Software Printfolio MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCad Civil 3D 2012 (32-bit)
- 69.95$ Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 MAC cheap oem
|Braley Demands Answers from U.S. Postal Service|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Alexandra Krasov|
|Thursday, 28 July 2011 12:33|
Washington, DC –Today, Congressman Bruce Braley (IA-01) sent a letter to the U.S. Postmaster General demanding answers about the impact of almost 4,000 proposed post office closures across the country. Rep. Braley released the following statement after he saw the list of 178 post offices targeted in Iowa:
“I’m incredibly disappointed and concerned to see so many post offices in Eastern Iowa on this list. All Iowa communities depend on their post offices, and I know how much this service means to my constituents. Post offices are important community fixtures andprovide thousands of good-paying jobs to Iowans. That’s why I’ll keep fighting to protect these, and other post offices that are being considered for closure.”
A copy of Rep. Braley’s letter is available here and pasted below: http://go.usa.gov/BeC
July 27, 2011
Postmaster General Patrick Donahoe
Postmaster General Donahoe:
I’m writing regarding the recent announcement by the USPS on possible post office closures. I was extremely disappointed to learn that the USPS may close up to 3,700 post offices across the country.
What is even more concerning is the potential loss of jobs that would go along with these closures. Your list contains 178 post offices in Iowa that could potentially be closed. Closing these post offices would lead to the loss of many jobs, both in Iowa and across the country. As you know, we currently have an unemployment rate above 9%. With unemployment this high, we simply cannot afford to lose more jobs.
That being said, I would like answers to the following questions:
· Has the USPS analyzed the potential loss of jobs that would go along with closing almost 4,000 post offices?
o If so, please provide me withthat analysis.
o If not, why not, and when does the USPS intend to perform this analysis?
· Finally, what steps is the USPS taking to ensure as little job loss as possible throughout this proposed process?
I’m strongly opposed to any plan that puts people out of work. I ask that you reply to my request within 10 business days. Please feel free to contact me if I can provide further assistance.
Tags See All Tags