- Buy OEM Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5 (en,da,de,es,fr,it,no,pt,sv)
- 399.95$ Maplesoft Maple 16 MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Adobe RoboHelp 8 (en)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Maya 2013 (32-bit)
- Discount - Ashampoo Burning Studio 7
- Buy OEM Apple iWork 09 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe After Effects CS5 MAC
- Buy Cheap QuarkXpress 8 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2013 (64 bit)
- Buy GFI EventsManager 8.1 (en)
- 279.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2013 (32-bit) cheap oem
|Braley Introduces Bill to Ban Packer Ownership of Livestock|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Jeff Giertz|
|Monday, 02 April 2012 07:23|
Legislation helps Iowa family farmers
Washington, DC – Rep. Bruce Braley (IA-01) today introduced legislation making it unlawful for a meat packer to own or feed livestock intended for slaughter. The move is an effort to combat vertical integration and anticompetitive behavior in the livestock industry to protect family farmers in Iowa and other states.
“This bill is about protecting Iowa family farms,” Braley said. “The increasing consolidation of the meat packing industry has put downward pressure on livestock prices, which in turn hurts Iowa farmers. Now, meat packers have been looking towards vertical integration to stifle competition.
“This bill is a common sense step to protect free market competition in the livestock industry. It’s important to have this debate now with the Farm Bill reauthorization coming up later this year.
The bill is similar to legislation introduced in the Senate last month by Iowans Chuck Grassley and Tom Harkin.
The Packer Ban bill excludes single packers and pack entities that are too small to participate in the Mandatory Price Reporting Program. The bill also exempts farmer cooperatives where the members own, feed, or control the livestock themselves.
A copy of Braley’s packer bill can be downloaded at the following link: http://go.usa.gov/EHN
Audio of Braley discussing the Packer Ban bill in his weekly press conference call today can be downloaded at the following link: http://www.mydigitalmanager.
# # #
Tags See All Tags