- Discount - Apple iLife `08 MAC
- 79.95$ ARTS PDF Variform Plus cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Night and Low Light
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Standard 2013 (32-bit)
- Discount - Photoshop CC: The Missing Manual
- 59.95$ Microsoft Word 2013 cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Office OneNote 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Microsoft OneNote 2013
- Buy Cheap Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5
- Buy Cheap Fidelity Media MegaSeg Pro 5 MAC
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - HTML5: Graphics and Animation with Canvas
- Buy Micromat TechTool Pro 7 MAC (en,ja,fr,de,it,ch)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD 2009
|Braley Introduces Bill to Ban Packer Ownership of Livestock|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Jeff Giertz|
|Monday, 02 April 2012 07:23|
Legislation helps Iowa family farmers
Washington, DC – Rep. Bruce Braley (IA-01) today introduced legislation making it unlawful for a meat packer to own or feed livestock intended for slaughter. The move is an effort to combat vertical integration and anticompetitive behavior in the livestock industry to protect family farmers in Iowa and other states.
“This bill is about protecting Iowa family farms,” Braley said. “The increasing consolidation of the meat packing industry has put downward pressure on livestock prices, which in turn hurts Iowa farmers. Now, meat packers have been looking towards vertical integration to stifle competition.
“This bill is a common sense step to protect free market competition in the livestock industry. It’s important to have this debate now with the Farm Bill reauthorization coming up later this year.
The bill is similar to legislation introduced in the Senate last month by Iowans Chuck Grassley and Tom Harkin.
The Packer Ban bill excludes single packers and pack entities that are too small to participate in the Mandatory Price Reporting Program. The bill also exempts farmer cooperatives where the members own, feed, or control the livestock themselves.
A copy of Braley’s packer bill can be downloaded at the following link: http://go.usa.gov/EHN
Audio of Braley discussing the Packer Ban bill in his weekly press conference call today can be downloaded at the following link: http://www.mydigitalmanager.
# # #
Tags See All Tags