- Discount - Corel Painter 12 MAC
- Buy OEM 4Media DVD Ripper Platinum 5
- 9.95$ iPad: The Missing Manual cheap oem
- 219.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard cheap oem
- Discount - FileMaker Pro 11: The Missing Manual
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 (32 bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - Designing a Magazine Layout (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2015 (64-bit)
- 29.95$ Roxio Easy Media Creator Suite 9 cheap oem
- Download Autodesk 3ds Max Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (32-bit)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CC MAC cheap oem
|Braley Invites Students to Participate in Congressional Art Competition|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Kirsten Hartman|
|Wednesday, 19 March 2014 08:42|
Congressman announces annual competition, winner will receive two round-trip air tickets to see their artwork displayed in US Capitol
Washington, DC – Rep. Bruce Braley (IA-01) today invited high school students from across Iowa’s First Congressional District to submit original artwork for the annual Congressional Art Competition, “An Artistic Discovery.”
“There are many talented high school artists in eastern Iowa, and I encourage young artists across the First District to participate in this year’s art competition,” Braley said. “It’s my great pleasure to feature young Iowa artists in the US Capitol, and it’s a wonderful opportunity for their work to be on display for visitors from around the country to see.”
The Congressional Art Competition, first held in 1982, is a nationwide high school arts competition sponsored by the US House of Representatives. One winning piece of artwork from each congressional district will be selected to be displayed in the Cannon Tunnel of the US Capitol Building in Washington for one year.
Any high school student from the First Congressional District of Iowa is eligible to submit their artwork for consideration. To enter, students must submit a digital image of their artwork via Braley’s website. The submissions will be compiled into an internet gallery for public voting.
The submission deadline is April 22nd, 2014. There is a limit of one submission per student. Voting will begin on April 23, 2014 and close on May 1, 2014 when the winner will be announced. He or she will receive two round-trip airline tickets to Washington, DC, to see their artwork displayed and attend a winners’ reception.
For full details on the 2014 Art Competition, including information on how to enter, please visit Braley’s website.
List of Past Iowa First District Art Competition Winners:
2008 Stephanie Tarnish, Davenport
2009 Mitch Doll, Davenport
2010 Emily Schroeder, Cedar Falls
2011 Krista Stork, Dubuque
2013 Skylar Papakee, Meskwaki Settlement High School
# # #
Tags See All Tags