- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Corel WinDVD Pro 11
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD 2015 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Steinberg Nuendo 4.3
- Buy Autodesk Alias Automotive 2014 (en)
- Download Jaksta MAC
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CS6
- Buy Word 2007 For Dummies (en)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (32-bit)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning SolidWorks 2013 MAC cheap oem
- 19.95$ Apple Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion cheap oem
- 79.95$ Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 (32 bit) cheap oem
|Braley, Joined by Bipartisan Coalition, Introduces Comprehensive Legislation to Address Veteran Suicide, Mental Health|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Kirsten Hartman|
|Friday, 11 July 2014 12:56|
Congressman: ‘Our commitment to America’s veterans needs to match the commitment they’ve made to us’
Washington, D.C. – Rep. Bruce Braley (IA-01) today joined a bipartisan group in introducing comprehensive legislation designed to address the escalating rate of suicide among America’s veterans—the Clay Hunt Suicide Prevention for American Veterans Act.
“The suicide rate among America’s veterans represents a national crisis,” Braley said. “This legislation won’t solve the problem overnight—but it will get more resources where they’re desperately needed. Our commitment to America’s veterans needs to match the commitment they’ve made to us, especially when it comes to this issue.”
The bill is named after Clay Hunt, a decorated Marine combat veteran, who took his own life in 2011 after serving in Iraq and Afghanistan.
The act contains a host of provisions which include sections that would:
· Require that a board of review, when looking at an appeal of a veteran who was discharged, must consider in their final decision if a veteran had Post Traumatic Stress or a Traumatic Brain Injury related to combat or military sexual trauma with evidence provided by the VA or civilian providers.
· Require the VA to publish an interactive website designed to serve as a centralized source of information regarding all mental health services.
· Require the VA and the National Guard to enter into partnerships in order to improve mental health treatment for servicemembers.
· Require a review of staffing requirements for states with respect to Directors of Psychological Health.
· Create a VA pilot program to assist veterans who are reintegrating back into the community, to assist with the difficult and unique challenges they face.
In April, Braley hosted a series of roundtables around the state listening to experts and veterans service organizations to discuss the high level of post-traumatic stress and high suicide rates that have been reported for servicemembers returning from the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Braley has championed the Veterans Access to Care Act, legislation that seeks to expand veterans’ access to quality healthcare by helping the Veterans Administration and state veterans’ homes recruit more highly-qualified doctors, nurses, and mental health providers to provide services to America’s veterans.
A link to Braley’s legislation can be found online HERE.# # #
Tags See All Tags