- Download Aimersoft Total Media Converter 2 MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Office Powerpoint 2007
- Discount - Futuremark 3DMark Vantage Professional
- 19.95$ ABest Video to iPod 3GP Flash Converter cheap oem
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - HTML5 First Look cheap oem
- Download Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 Ultra
- Discount - Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012
- Download Lynda.com - SQL Essential Training
- Buy Cheap Autodesk 3Ds Max Design 2010
- 59.95$ Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop Insider Training: Photo Restoration cheap oem
- Download Alien Skin Eye Candy 7 MAC
|Braley Meets with Veterans Affairs Sec. Shinseki|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Alexandra Krasov|
|Friday, 18 February 2011 11:33|
Washington, DC – February 16, 2011 - Congressman Bruce Braley (IA-01) met with Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki last night to discuss his new leadership role on the House Veterans Affairs committee. Rep. Braley talked about legislation to help Iowa veterans and brought up his concerns about the slow implementation of a law passed last year to help disabled veterans and the people who care for them.
“Secretary Shinseki and I had a great conversation and a productive meeting,” said Rep. Braley. “I look forward to working with him and the Veterans Affairs department to ensure that our veterans get the very best care and the benefits they deserve.”
Rep. Braley gave Secretary Shinseki a letter detailing his concerns about the delayed implementation of the Caregivers and Veterans Omnibus Health Services Act – a part of that law was meant to provide financial assistance and counseling to help people taking care of wounded Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. Rep. Braley supported the bill in the House last year.
According to media reports, the Department of Veterans Affairs missed the January 31, 2011 deadline for fully implementing the new law, leaving families of wounded veterans without the promised assistance.
A high-resolution photo of Rep. Braley and Secretary Shinseki is available here: http://farm5.static.flickr.
Caption for the photo: Congressman Bruce Braley tells VA Secretary Eric Shinseki about Andrew Connolly of Dubuque, IA – an Iowa Army National Guard soldier who served in Iraq.
A copy of the letter is available here: http://go.usa.gov/gBa
# # #
Tags See All Tags