- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Discount - ElcomSoft Advanced Office Password Recovery 4.0 Professional
- 219.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Revit MEP Suite 2009 cheap oem
- Buy Micromat TechTool Pro 6 MAC (32-bit) (en)
- 39.95$ CodeGear Delphi For PHP 1.0 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Apple Aperture 3 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2012
- Buy Cheap Autodesk 3Ds Max 2009
- 99.95$ Microsoft Visual Studio Test Professional 2010 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Sony DVD Architect Pro 6 (en,es,fr,de,ja)
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium MAC
- Discount - Paragon Hard Disk Manager 2008 Professional
|Braley Meets with Veterans Affairs Sec. Shinseki|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Alexandra Krasov|
|Friday, 18 February 2011 11:33|
Washington, DC – February 16, 2011 - Congressman Bruce Braley (IA-01) met with Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki last night to discuss his new leadership role on the House Veterans Affairs committee. Rep. Braley talked about legislation to help Iowa veterans and brought up his concerns about the slow implementation of a law passed last year to help disabled veterans and the people who care for them.
“Secretary Shinseki and I had a great conversation and a productive meeting,” said Rep. Braley. “I look forward to working with him and the Veterans Affairs department to ensure that our veterans get the very best care and the benefits they deserve.”
Rep. Braley gave Secretary Shinseki a letter detailing his concerns about the delayed implementation of the Caregivers and Veterans Omnibus Health Services Act – a part of that law was meant to provide financial assistance and counseling to help people taking care of wounded Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. Rep. Braley supported the bill in the House last year.
According to media reports, the Department of Veterans Affairs missed the January 31, 2011 deadline for fully implementing the new law, leaving families of wounded veterans without the promised assistance.
A high-resolution photo of Rep. Braley and Secretary Shinseki is available here: http://farm5.static.flickr.
Caption for the photo: Congressman Bruce Braley tells VA Secretary Eric Shinseki about Andrew Connolly of Dubuque, IA – an Iowa Army National Guard soldier who served in Iraq.
A copy of the letter is available here: http://go.usa.gov/gBa
# # #
Tags See All Tags