- Discount - Adobe Flash Professional CS6
- Download QuarkXPress 7.3 Passport
- 299.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2011 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Ultimate 2013 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Audio Mixing Bootcamp
- 9.95$ Alfred 2 MAC cheap oem
- 39.95$ Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - Foundations of Typography
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Mudbox 2012 MAC
- Buy Autodesk Mudbox 2012 (32-bit) (en,de,fr,ja)
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard MAC
- Download ABest Video to WMV SWF FLV Converter
|Braley Meets with Veterans Affairs Sec. Shinseki|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Alexandra Krasov|
|Friday, 18 February 2011 11:33|
Washington, DC – February 16, 2011 - Congressman Bruce Braley (IA-01) met with Veterans Affairs Secretary Eric Shinseki last night to discuss his new leadership role on the House Veterans Affairs committee. Rep. Braley talked about legislation to help Iowa veterans and brought up his concerns about the slow implementation of a law passed last year to help disabled veterans and the people who care for them.
“Secretary Shinseki and I had a great conversation and a productive meeting,” said Rep. Braley. “I look forward to working with him and the Veterans Affairs department to ensure that our veterans get the very best care and the benefits they deserve.”
Rep. Braley gave Secretary Shinseki a letter detailing his concerns about the delayed implementation of the Caregivers and Veterans Omnibus Health Services Act – a part of that law was meant to provide financial assistance and counseling to help people taking care of wounded Iraq and Afghanistan veterans. Rep. Braley supported the bill in the House last year.
According to media reports, the Department of Veterans Affairs missed the January 31, 2011 deadline for fully implementing the new law, leaving families of wounded veterans without the promised assistance.
A high-resolution photo of Rep. Braley and Secretary Shinseki is available here: http://farm5.static.flickr.
Caption for the photo: Congressman Bruce Braley tells VA Secretary Eric Shinseki about Andrew Connolly of Dubuque, IA – an Iowa Army National Guard soldier who served in Iraq.
A copy of the letter is available here: http://go.usa.gov/gBa
# # #
Tags See All Tags