- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Filters
- Discount - Solidworks 2013 Premium (32-bit)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (64-bit)
- Buy OEM Corel Video Studio Pro X2
- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Download Cyberlink PowerDVD 9 Ultra
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2014 MAC (en,ja)
- Download Lynda.com - Object-Oriented Programming with PHP
- Discount - Geometric CAMWorks 2014 64-bit
- Discount - Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Black and White
- Download Uniblue RegistryBooster 2009
- Download Adobe Photoshop CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
|Braley Urges House to Pass Veterans Tax Credit Bill|
|News Releases - Military & Veterans News|
|Written by Jeff Giertz|
|Tuesday, 15 November 2011 12:58|
Senate unanimously passed bill yesterday that includes similar provisions to Braley bill to increase veteran hiring
Washington, DC – After the US Senate unanimously passed the Returning Heroes and Wounded Warriors Tax Credit yesterday, Rep. Bruce Braley (IA-01) used Veterans Day today to urge House leadership to take up the bill immediately and send it to the president’s desk. The legislation includes language similar to the Combat Veterans Back to Work Act, a bill Braley introduced in August.
“Our service men and women put their lives on the line for our country,” Braley said. “They shouldn’t have to fight for a job when they come home. Unemployment among returning Iraq and Afghanistan veterans is three times the national average. That’s unacceptable.
“This bill will increase the hiring of veterans, improve resources for vets to translate their military skills into the civilian workforce, and provide veterans with new tools to help their search for a job. I urge Congress to act immediately to pass the Returning Heroes and Wounded Warriors Tax Credit, because our veterans can’t afford to wait.”
In August, Braley introduced the Combat Veterans Back to Work Act, a bill which exempts a business from paying their share of an employee’s Social Security taxes for one year when they hire a current member of the National Guard or Reserve or any veteran who has returned from deployment within the last 18 months and is currently unemployed.
The Returning Heroes and Wounded Warriors Tax Credit includes similar provisions. The American Legion, Disabled American Veterans, Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans of America, and the Veterans of Foreign Wars have all endorsed the bill.
Braley is the highest ranking Democrat on the House Veterans Affairs Subcommittee on Economic Opportunity.# # #
Tags See All Tags