- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Filipino (Level 1, 2 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap Avid Media Composer 5
- Buy Cheap Aiseesoft iPad Video Converter 3 MAC
- Buy Cheap Blackmagicdesign DaVinci Resolve 7 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Audition 2
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers (en)
- Buy OEM Apple iLife ’11 MAC
- Buy Adobe RoboHelp Server 9 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Advanced Revit Structure 2014 Training
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Fireworks CS4 Essential Training
- 9.95$ ABest Video to AVI MOV Converter cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 MAC (en)
- Buy Black and White in Photoshop CS4 and Photoshop Lightroom (en)
- 9.95$ Access 2010 All-in-One For Dummies cheap oem
|Branstad announces new Home Base Iowa Businesses and Communities programs|
|News Releases - Business & Economy|
|Written by Tim Albrecht|
|Tuesday, 03 December 2013 10:40|
(DES MOINES) – Gov. Branstad used his weekly news conference this morning to announce two new programs as part of the Home Base Iowa initiative: Home Base Iowa Businesses and Home Base Iowa Communities.
The governor noted that while Home Base Iowa was announced just three weeks ago, the program has already made great progress, drawing interest from across the country.
Two weeks ago, Lt. Gov. Kim Reynolds and Gen. Timothy Orr met with White House officials to brief them on the program and explore potential partnerships. Additionally, several state of Iowa officials participated in a National Governors Association policy academy to study veterans licensing issues.
Branstad also noted that the University of Iowa was recently named by U.S. News & World Report as the 6th-best university for veterans.
Branstad says the Home Base Iowa initiative has led to dozens of calls and correspondence from veterans interested in calling Iowa their new home.
“Though we haven't yet spent a dime on advertising or marketing, our phones started ringing,” said Branstad. “Iowa Workforce Development has fielded dozens and dozens of calls, and is working to place a number of veterans already.”
With the new roll-out of Home Base Iowa Businesses and Communities, Branstad says it is a great opportunity for Iowans to showcase the best they have to offer.
“We want veterans to know that Iowa can provide them with not just a job, but a career in a caring, welcoming community,” said Branstad. “Businesses and communities can demonstrate how much they value our nation's veterans by pursuing these designations.”
To be a Home Base Iowa Business,
o the company must pledge to hire a specific number of veterans.
o They must also post their jobs on the Home Base Iowa website,
o and become members of the existing Skilled Iowa program.
To be a Home Base Community,
o 10% of the businesses in the designated area must be Home Base Iowa Businesses.
o The community must provide a unique welcome and incentive package to attract veterans to their community,
o They must provide a plan to prominently display their designation,
o And they must get a resolution of support from the local governing body.
# # #
Tags See All Tags