- Discount - Nuance PDF Converter Professional 7
- Download Autodesk SketchBook Designer 2012
- Buy Cheap iSkysoft iMedia Converter 2 Mac
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Photoshop CS5 for Photographers
- Buy Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2013 (en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Foundations of Typography
- Buy Autodesk Revit MEP 2011 (en)
- Download PowerPoint 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 Essential Training (en)
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 5 Master Collection Student and Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Showcase 2009
- Discount - Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection (64-bit)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCad MEP 2012 (32-bit) (en,no)
|Bruce Robinson and Kelly Willis at Central Performing Arts Center|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Steve Lindner|
|Thursday, 01 September 2011 07:47|
Central Performing Arts Center, DeWitt, is excited to announce that on Saturday, October 15, at 7p.m. Bruce Robison and Kelly Willis will be performing a live show.
Bruce Robison & Kelly Willis, married for 15 years and with 4 children, are the sweethearts of the Austin, Texas, music scene.
Both Robison and Willis have experienced successful independent careers. Bruce, a songwriter at heart, has written a handful of songs that have topped the Country Charts: Angry All of the Time, performed by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill; Wrapped and Desperately, performed by George Strait; and most notably Traveling Soldier performed by the Dixie Chicks. All reached number one, with the exception of Desperately, which spent time in the top five. Despite the commercial success of his songs Robison, born and raised in Bandera, Texas (pop 1,216), stays true who he is as a person and a songwriter, with his songs reflecting his rural Texas roots. Simple, but often poignant, Robison’s song can make you laugh out loud or bring a tear to your eye. He writes songs with the insight and authenticity that can only be captured by someone who has true rural roots.
Kelly Willis is a talented performer songwriter and performer, as well. Willis has been a critically acclaimed roots music singer since recording her debut two decades ago, and is recognized as a new country and Americana pioneer. Her gifts as a songwriter and interpreter of songs has earned her loyal fans and constant critical praise. Her songs have been featured in several movies, including Thelma and Louise and Bob Roberts and she has had numerous appearances on Austin City Limits. One reviewer stated that when he dreams of country music he hears Willis’s voice, beautifully forlorn, strong and sultry, yet light.
Collectively, Robison & Willis are difficult to label. Americana, Alternative Country, Austin Roots Country, does not matter, together they create an authentic style of music that touches the heart and is simply very good.
The Robison & Willis duo will be performing in the newly constructed, 800-seat Central Performing Arts Center, located at 519 East 11th Street in DeWitt. Iowa, of Saturday, October 15. Doors open at 6 p.m. and the show begins at 7 p.m. Reserve seating tickets are available online at www.midwestix.com.
Tags See All Tags