- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Essential Training
- Download Adobe Flash CS4 Professional MAC
- Buy OEM Red Giant Effects Suite 11 MAC
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS5 Classroom in a Book (en)
- Download Xilisoft Video Converter Ultimate 6 MAC
- Buy OEM AutoCAD 2007 For Dummies
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Smoke 2013 MAC
- Buy OEM ABest Video to RM RMVB WMV Converter
- 149.95$ NewTek LightWave 3D 10 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office 2007 Standard
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Alias Surface 2011
- Discount - Mixed in Key 2 MAC
- 169.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition cheap oem
|Brucemore’s Annual Plant Sale|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Tara Richards|
|Friday, 13 April 2012 12:28|
Take home a treasure from Brucemore's greenhouse at the annual Brucemore Plant Sale on Saturday, May 12, from 9:00 a.m. until 12:00 p.m. Several plants seen in Brucemore’s formal garden will be available for sale, including annuals, perennials, and hanging baskets. A variety of herbs will also be available, including basil, thyme, and rosemary. Plant Sale prices range from $3.50 to $30.00, with all the proceeds benefiting garden and landscape rehabilitation projects at Brucemore. The Plant Sale will be located around the 1915 Lord & Burnham Greenhouse to celebrate the grand opening of this structure, which has been closed since 2008 and underwent rehabilitation in 2012.
The “Heritage Section” will return for a second year to feature a limited supply of a Cedar Rapids’ celebrity-inspired plant with a history on the Brucemore estate. The Bill Quarton Plant (Iresine lindenii or commonly called Bloodleaf) began its story at Brucemore around 1985. Mr. Quarton brought it to former head gardener Don Novy to winter in Brucemore’s Lord & Burnham Greenhouse. While Mr. Quarton passed away in August of 2007, clippings of the plant can be seen around the estate.
The garden staff will be on hand to provide expert advice on the selection, placement, and care of plants; and a variety of garden books and merchandise are available for purchase in the Brucemore Store. For further information on the Brucemore Plant Sale, call (319) 362-7375 or visit www.brucemore.org.
Brucemore, Iowa’s only National Trust Historic Site, is located at 2160 Linden Drive SE, Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The 26-acre park-like estate in the heart of Cedar Rapids boasts a Queen Anne style mansion built between 1884 and 1886. Brucemore has been home to three prominent families who used the estate as a center for culture and the arts. The estate continues to be a hub for cultural, philanthropic, and educational activities. Each year thousands of visitors attend specialty tours, concerts, fine arts performances, children’s programs, holiday celebrations, preservation events, and garden workshops on the estate. For more information, call (319) 362-7375 or visit www.brucemore.org.###
Tags See All Tags