- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2013 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Builder CC Premium MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Learning Python Programming
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Builder CC Premium (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Futuremark 3DMark Vantage Professional
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Polish (Level 1, 2, 3 Set) MAC
- Download Sony Sound Forge 9
- Download Microsoft OneNote 2013
- Buy Cheap Microsoft MapPoint 2009 North America
- Buy OEM Corel Draw Graphics Suite X4 SP2
- Buy Altova StyleVision Enterprise 2009 (en)
- Buy Cheap Punch! Home Design Studio Pro 12 MAC
|BUCKTOWN ARTISTS HOST FUNDRAISER|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Angela Gallagher|
|Monday, 19 May 2014 09:08|
Bucktown Wine Walk May 30th Supports National Alliance on Mental Illness
DAVENPORT, Iowa (May 16, 2014) – The artists of Bucktown Center for the Arts will host a Final Friday Wine Walk Friday May 30, 2014, from 6 to 9 p.m. at 225 East Second Street, Davenport. Guests may purchase a hand-painted wine glass for $20, which entitles them to a wine tasting featuring five featured wines and light snacks. Musicians Donnie Schold and Alicia Whitfield will perform. RSVPs are welcome at: www.facebook.com/bucktownarts/events.
Participating galleries will donate a percentage of their sales during the Wine Walk to sponsor NAMIWalk 2014, a signature fundraising event for the National Alliance on Mental Illness Greater Mississippi Valley. This 34-year old affiliate of the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization provides free education and support programs locally to individuals and families living with mental illness. NAMI’s efforts complement the work of mental health professionals by helping families and caregivers provide a strong support network to individuals living with mental illness.
“This is a great way for Bucktown to celebrate May as Mental Health Awareness Month and to kick off the NAMIWalk fundraising season,” says Pat Bereskin, an art educator and owner of Atom studio + gallery at Bucktown. “We are partnering with this organization because, as artists, we’ve witnessed the positive benefits of art therapy for persons recovering from mental illness. In fact, I’m working with returning veterans who have PTSD, post-traumatic stress disorder, and other mental health issues in an art class.”
NAMIWalk 2014 is scheduled for September 13 at Centennial Park in Davenport. For further information on NAMIWalk, please visit www.namiwalks.org/greatermississippivalley.
About Bucktown Center for the Arts
About NAMI Greater Mississippi Valley
Tags See All Tags