- Buy Linotype FontExplorer X Pro 4 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Silver Efex Pro 2
- Download Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 New Features
- Download Corel Painter 12 MAC
- Buy BeLight Software Labels & Addresses MAC (en,fr,de,es)
- Download Autodesk Revit MEP 2011
- Buy Cheap Adobe Dreamweaver CS3
- 169.95$ Microsoft Office Professional 2013 cheap oem
- Download Lynda.com - Finale 2012 Essential Training
- Download Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009
- Buy OEM Photoshop Elements 7 All-in-One For Dummies
|Caring for your collections|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Lynn Bartenhagen|
|Tuesday, 12 February 2013 09:30|
Are you responsible for the historic documents, photographs and objects belonging to your organization, church or family? The Muscatine Art Center and Musser Public Library are teaming up to provide a basic overview to caring for collections.
Attendees will learn about ways to provide basic collections care on a small budget and without professional training. Discussion topics will include organizing materials, storing materials in a more stable environment, handling and exhibiting materials to limit the risk of damage, and digitizing records and photographs. Art Center Registrar Virginia Cooper will cover the basics of working with acid-free materials for storage. She will examine storage for textiles, books, and historic documents. Sheila Chaudoin, Photo Archivist at Musser Public Library, will discuss photograph and photo negative storage and scanning and managing digitized images.
The free session will take place on Thursday, March 7th at 5:30 p.m. in the Music Room at the Muscatine Art Center. The session will last approximately 1 hour plus time for questions.
The Muscatine Art Center is located at 1314 Mulberry Avenue in Muscatine, Iowa. Hours are Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Thursday evenings until 7:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Admission is free. Donations are appreciated.
Tags See All Tags