- Discount - Nik Software Sharpener Pro 3 MAC
- Discount - GFI MailArchiver 6.0
- Download Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate
- 149.95$ Sony Vegas Pro 11 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap 4Media DVD to PS3 Converter 5
- Buy OEM 1Click DVD Movie 3
- Discount - Lynda.com - Advanced Modeling in Revit Architecture
- 119.95$ Microsoft Windows 7 Professional with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap ForkLift 2.5 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk Combustion 2008 MAC
- 59.95$ Roxio Creator 2012 Pro cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Mariner Write 3 MAC
|CASI- Owney Irish Red Tapping, Saturday, March 9!|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Sarah Arp|
|Tuesday, 05 March 2013 16:37|
Since 2009, government funding to non-profit organizations that provide human services has been in steady decline, forcing these service organizations to change much of their funding strategies or face a reduction in their ability to provide critical services to their communities. Competition amongst non-profits for the “donated” dollar is extreme: How can an individual not-for profit make itself standout from the crowd to garner more support and exposure plus increase donor dollars?
Known for their “outside the box” fundraising programs, senior center CASI (Center for Active Seniors, Inc.) in Davenport, Iowa, has” brewed” the prefect fundraising plan. CASI has teamed up with a regional microbrewery, Great River Brewery, to create a new beer dedicated to seniors and senior services. The results: Owney Irish Red Ale. Owney, an old Irish name for “elderly” is on shelves now at retail locations throughout the Quad Cities. Proceeds from the sale of Owney Irish Red Ale will be used by CASI to fund services for seniors in the Quad City community.
Additionally, distributors Vanguard Distributing Co. and Stern Beverages are providing marketing materials used to promote awareness of CASI’s programs and services.
On March 9, a formal tapping event is planned at Great River Brewery (332 E 2nd St., Davenport) beginning at 1:00 p.m. Area senior centers and the general public are invited to join in the festivities. Food will be provided by The Fountains Senior Living Community of Bettendorf.
We all have a senior in our life that needs our help. So toast CASI with a pint of Owney and support our senior services!
Founded in 1973, CASI is a multi-service nationally accredited senior center providing a variety of social, educational, support and wellness programs and activities designed for adults over the age of 60 and their families/caregivers.
- END -
Tags See All Tags