- Buy Cheap Windows 7 For Dummies Quick Reference
- Download Incredible Bee Archiver 2 MAC
- Buy Cheap Corel Home Office 5 (Personal & Business)
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection MAC
- Download Agile Bits 1Password 4 MAC
- Download Lynda.com - Shooting and Processing High Dynamic Range Photographs
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Sketchup
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard (en)
- Download Adobe Flash Professional CS5.5
- Buy Adobe Premiere Pro CS6 MAC (en,de,es,fr,it,ja)
- Download Autodesk NavisWorks Manage 2009
- Download Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2 (32 bit)
|Celebrate Black History Month with FREE Admission at the Figge on Saturday|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Thursday, 31 January 2013 14:51|
Davenport, Iowa (January 31, 2013) –The Figge Art Museum is offering FREE Admission on Saturday, February 2 for the Quilts: Celebrating Black History Month event. More than ten African-American community quilts, including one signed by President Barack Obama, will be on display in the lobby all weekend long in conjunction with the Quilts: Masterworks from the American Folk Art Museum exhibition which closes Sunday.
On Saturday museum visitors are invited to take the final docent-guided tour of Quilts: Masterworks from the American Folk Art Museum at 11 a.m. followed by the opportunity to make a community craft project inspired by quilt squares between noon and 2 p.m. A lecture in the John Deere auditorium by Dr. Myrah Green, Executive Director of Arts and Culture in the Office of Government and Community Affairs at The City College of New York, will begin at 2 p.m. titled: “The Presence of African Symbols in North American Quilts” with a reception in the lobby immediately following.
In addition to all of the quilt activities the QC Audubon Society will have their scopes set up for eagle spotting from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Saturday in the Wintergarden and dining room. Visitors can learn about eagle culture, including nesting habits, how they raise their young, where they live in warm weather and much more.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags