- Download Lynda.com - Foundations of Audio: Compression and Dynamic Processing
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2012 MAC (en,ja)
- Buy OEM AutoDesSys Bonzai 3D MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe InCopy CS5 MAC
- Discount - Adobe InCopy CS6
- Buy Adobe Flash Builder 4.5 Premium MAC (en,cs,da,de,es,fi,fr,mr,it,ja,no,pl,pt,ro,ru,sv)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS4
- Discount - Project 2010 For Dummies
- Buy OEM Pixarra TwistedBrush Pro Studio 15
- Buy Lynda.com - Joomla! Advanced CSS (en)
- Discount - Microsoft Office Home & Student 2013
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Autodesk Maya Entertainment Creation Suite Premium 2012 (64-bit) (en)
|Celebrate National Library Week at Rock Island Library with Gardening, Music, eBook demos, Stories & More|
|News Releases - Media & Communications|
|Written by Lisa Lockheart|
|Monday, 15 April 2013 07:55|
Rock Island, IL: “Communities Matter at Your Library” is the theme of National Library Week, April 14-20, and to celebrate, the Rock Island Public Library is bringing together varying interests, services, and communities of learners and readers.
Starting Monday, April 15, two new cultural and attraction passes will become available for checkout at the Rock Island Main, 30/31 and Southwest Branch Libraries. Patrons can now check out a free family pass for four to the Figge Art Museum in Davenport, or a pass for two adults and up to four children from Niabi Zoo, Coal Valley, in addition to the family passes for four already available for the Quad Cities Botanical Center, Rock Island. Passes check out for seven days, and must be picked up and returned in person at the issuing library branch. There is a $1 per day fee if passes are not returned on time.
Also on Monday, a new awareness service from Prairie State Legal Services starts at the Main Library, 401 19th Street. Trained volunteers from Prairie State Legal Services will be available from 2:00 pm to 4:30 pm on Mondays and Wednesdays on the 2nd floor of the library to offer information and assistance with navigating public benefits for food, cash, medical assistance, disability and township assistance. Prairie State Legal Services volunteers cannot offer legal advice.
Special events and activities offered at the Rock Island Library during National Library Week include:
Monday, April 15:
Tuesday, April 16:
Wednesday, April 17:
Thursday, April 18:
Friday, April 19:
Saturday, April 20 – all events at Southwest Branch, 9010 Ridgewood Road:
National Library Week highlights the importance of libraries, librarians, and library workers, and their commitment to the places where their patrons live, work and study. First sponsored in 1958, National Library Week is a national observance sponsored by the American Library Association (ALA) and libraries across the country each April.
All programs are free and open to the public. For more news about Rock Island Public Library events, visit www.rockislandlibrary.org, call 309-732-7323 (READ) or follow the Rock Island Library on Facebook and Twitter. A monthly calendar of library events is available online and at Rock Island Library locations.
Tags See All Tags