- Discount - Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Download Graphisoft ArchiCAD 12
- Buy OEM Chief Architect X2
- Download Adobe Fireworks CS5 MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2011
- Download I.R.I.S. Readiris 11 Pro
- 79.95$ Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2 (64 bit) cheap oem
- Buy Flash CS4 All-in-One For Dummies (en)
- Buy Ashampoo Photo Commander 6 (en)
- 9.95$ Dreamweaver CS6: The Missing Manual cheap oem
- Buy OEM Omni Group OmniGraphSketcher MAC
- Download Capture One Pro 7 MAC
- Buy GRAHL PDF Annotator 2 (en)
|Celebrate the Season and the Spirit of Giving at the Family Museum’s WinterFest|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Elly Gerdts|
|Monday, 19 November 2012 13:55|
Bettendorf — The Family Museum will continue its tradition of WinterFest on Sunday, December 2, from noon – 5:00 pm. There will be a host of joyful family activities for everyone including dance performances of the Nutcracker from the Family Museum LimeLight dancers, holiday music performed by the Pleasant Valley High School Tuba and Euphonium Ensemble, refreshments, fun activities such as snowpeople sculptures and handmade ornaments, and a visit from Santa from 2:00-4:00 PM. Admission to this event and the Family Museum’s hands-on gallery is free with the donation of a non-perishable food item or monetary donation to a local food pantry. This event is sponsored by the DHCU Community Credit Union.
A huge, 300 square foot train set will be set up again this year, and each passenger on the mini Polar Express will be enjoying hot chocolate in their seats with all of the lights burning bright and the smokestacks going full blast as the train winds its way on its journey to the North Pole.
The centerpiece window dressing is the last set of animated figurines from the Petersen Harden Von Maur store in Davenport. Created by the (George) Silvestri Art Manufacturing Company, this Santa’s House scene includes a Living Room with a decorated tree and fireplace, a Kitchen with a very busy stove, a Workshop where elves are busy making toy trains, and a snowball battle in the woods among the elves who are gathering firewood. The display was built in Chicago during October of 1966, and was donated to the Family Museum in 1990 when the store was sold.
Tags See All Tags