- Download Nik Software Color Efex Pro 4 Complete Edition
- Buy Cheap Cyberlink PowerDirector 9 Ultra64
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium
- Buy Cheap Smith Micro Poser Pro 2014 MAC
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Datacenter R2 SP2 (64 bit)
- Download VMware Workstation 7
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Maya 2012 cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Framemaker 9 (en)
- 149.95$ Adobe Photoshop CC MAC (Full LifeTime License) cheap oem
- Buy Cyberlink PowerDirector 7 Ultra (en)
- Buy OEM Adobe Director 11.5
- 79.95$ Microsoft Office Project Professional 2003 SP3 cheap oem
- 289.95$ Autodesk Alias Design 2014 MAC cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CC MAC
|Celebrating the Italian-American Connection|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Thursday, 31 January 2013 14:23|
During International Creativity Month, Researcher Salutes Contributions
The population of the United States is defined by diversity, and one of the brightest pieces in this mosaic is the Italoamericani community, says author and business consultant Lou Quattro.
“All cultures bring valuable gifts to the table, but the Italian/Sicilian people and culture are especially clever and creative,” says Quattro, who was born in Italy and work for 10 years, with Sicilians in property development in Italy, where he learned many nuances and insights into the island’s culture and history. He authored “I Siciliani (The Sicilians),” www.louquattro.com.
International Creativity Month is celebrated in January – a reminder for all of us about how essential it is to be innovative if we want to be successful. A great example is the Sicilians, who are very right-brained in their approach to life. They’ve had to be resourceful because of their rough history, in which various rulers – Greeks, Romans, Arabs, Normans, French and Spanish at one time or another conquered and controlled them. Some of the conquerors were particularly cruel and brutal imposing new taxes, languages, cultures and religions.
“Necessity is the Mother of Invention” was never truer than in Sicilia (Sicily) throughout the ages. I think creativity is firmly set in their DNA.”
The list of modern creative celebrities alone is impressive: Martin Scorsese, Frank Sinatra, Al Pacino, Sylvester Stallone, Sal Mineo, Cyndi Lauper and Frank Zappa, to name just a few, he says.
Quattro reviews the major contributions of Italian-Americans. Not coincidentally, many hail from southern regions where there is less opportunity, hence, more need for creative resourcefulness:
About Lou Quattro
Born in Italy and raised in Canada, Lou Quattro is a business strategist specializing in helping, privately owned ad agencies or communications firms. He spent 25 years in the advertising agency/communications business at McKim Advertising and BBDO Canada, a worldwide organization, as CFO and COO. Quattro also has extensive training in psychotherapy and is a professional accountant. He moved to Tuscany to write and to reconnect with his roots in 2002. He is currently based in Canada, helping independently owned agencies who share values like, employee ownership, creativity, transparency and ethical behavior.
Tags See All Tags