- Download Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Adobe Audition 3 (en)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2011
- 179.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition cheap oem
- 29.95$ Adobe Premiere Elements 4 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Aquafadas Pulp Motion Advanced 3 MAC
- Buy Autodesk Inventor Professional 2014 (32-bit) (en,cs,de,es,fr,it,ko,pl,pt,ru,zh)
- Buy Parallels Desktop 7 MAC (en)
- Download Xilisoft Video To Audio Converter 5.1
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium MAC
- 169.95$ Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium Student And Teacher Edition MAC cheap oem
- Download Pitney Bowes MapInfo Professional 11.5
- 29.95$ Nik Software Viveza 2 cheap oem
- Discount - ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite 8
|Charlie King in Rock Island March 4: 50 Years a Folksinger|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Margaret Thomas|
|Friday, 31 January 2014 15:07|
On March 4 in Rock Island, Charlie King will present a concert marking his 50th year as a folk singer and 40th as a song writer. The Massachusetts-based artist has released more than a dozen solo albums since 1976. The late Pete Seeger called Charlie King “One of the greatest singers and songwriters of our time.”
The Rock Island concert will be Tuesday, March 4, at 7 pm in Broadway Presbyterian Church, 710 23rd St., Rock Island. Donations of $10 per person are requested. The concert will raise funds for three local organizations which serve people in need: Centro Maya Project (www.centromayaproject.org/), Oaks of Mamre Catholic Worker House (www.oakscatholicworker.com), and Palomares Social Justice Center (www.palomaressjc.org).
Charlie King has been inspired by the music of the civil rights movements in the U.S., the anti-war movement from the Viet Nam era to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and the movements for the rights of working people and the indigenous peoples in Mexico and Central America.
He has received numerous national awards during his career, and his songs have been recorded and sung by some of the leading stars of the folk genre, such as Pete Seeger, Holly Near, Ronnie Gilbert, John McCutcheon, Arlo Guthrie, Peggy Seeger, Chad Michell and Judy Small.
For more information, contact Margaret Thomas at 309 786 6944.
Tags See All Tags