- Download OmniGroup OmniPlan MAC
- Buy OEM Corel Draw Graphics Suite X5
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CC
- Download DAZ Bryce 6.1
- Discount - Adobe Illustrator CS4 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk 3Ds Max Design 2009
- Buy OEM Infinite Skills - Video and Animation with Adobe Photoshop
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2010 Professional Plus with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Download Rosetta Stone - Learn Japanese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC
- 39.95$ BeLight Software Live Interior 3D Pro Edition MAC cheap oem
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium
- 79.95$ Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64 bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Apple iLife ’11 MAC
- 29.95$ JThink Jaikoz Audio Tagger 3 MAC cheap oem
|Charlie King in Rock Island March 4: 50 Years a Folksinger|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Margaret Thomas|
|Friday, 31 January 2014 15:07|
On March 4 in Rock Island, Charlie King will present a concert marking his 50th year as a folk singer and 40th as a song writer. The Massachusetts-based artist has released more than a dozen solo albums since 1976. The late Pete Seeger called Charlie King “One of the greatest singers and songwriters of our time.”
The Rock Island concert will be Tuesday, March 4, at 7 pm in Broadway Presbyterian Church, 710 23rd St., Rock Island. Donations of $10 per person are requested. The concert will raise funds for three local organizations which serve people in need: Centro Maya Project (www.centromayaproject.org/), Oaks of Mamre Catholic Worker House (www.oakscatholicworker.com), and Palomares Social Justice Center (www.palomaressjc.org).
Charlie King has been inspired by the music of the civil rights movements in the U.S., the anti-war movement from the Viet Nam era to the Iraq and Afghanistan wars, and the movements for the rights of working people and the indigenous peoples in Mexico and Central America.
He has received numerous national awards during his career, and his songs have been recorded and sung by some of the leading stars of the folk genre, such as Pete Seeger, Holly Near, Ronnie Gilbert, John McCutcheon, Arlo Guthrie, Peggy Seeger, Chad Michell and Judy Small.
For more information, contact Margaret Thomas at 309 786 6944.
Tags See All Tags