- Download Omni Group OmniGraphSketcher MAC
- Buy OEM Sony Sound Forge Audio Studio 10
- Discount - Outlook 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- Buy Autodesk Smoke 2013 MAC (en)
- Buy Lynda.com - Google Analytics Essential Training (en)
- Buy Lynda.com - CSS Positioning Best Practices (en)
- Download Sony ACID Music Studio 9
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Professional CS5 MAC
- Buy Solidworks 2010 Premium (64-bit) (en,ru,es,pl,pt,ja,ko,de,it,cs,fr,zh)
|Chefs Create Winning Cheese Dishes in State Fair Velveeta Contest|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Lori Chappell|
|Monday, 20 August 2012 08:20|
DES MOINES, IA (08/17/2012)(readMedia)-- Cooks celebrated a classic kitchen ingredient in the Kraft Kreations with Velveeta competition judged Wednesday at the 2012 Iowa State Fair.
Norita Solt of Bettendorf won First Place Overall and a $100 Fareway gift card, while Sue Olson of Des Moines took Second Place Overall and a $75 gift card. Third Place Overall and a $50 gift card went to Jamie Buelt of Polk City.
Competitors were challenged to use the cheese in an award-winning entrée, soup or side dish. Entries were judged on taste, best use of Velveeta, appearance and originality.
Additional results below:
1) Sue Olson, Des Moines
2) Jessica Cain, Des Moines
3) Kenzie Piper, Waukee
1) Norita Solt, Bettendorf
2) Dianna Caron-Smith, Winterset
3) Ginger Hartman, Des Moines
1) Jamie Buelt, Polk City
2) Sue Olsen, Des Moines
The Iowa State Fair Food Department is the largest of any state fair in the country. Food Department judging is held in the Elwell Family Food Center sponsored by Blue Bunny.
"Nothing Compares" to the 2012 Iowa State Fair, August 9-19. The Fairgrounds are located at East 30th and East University Avenue, just 10 minutes east of downtown Des Moines, and are open 7 a.m. to 1 a.m. each day of the Fair. Exhibit hours may vary. For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags