- Discount - Lynda.com - Photoshop CS6 New Features
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Night and Low Light
- Buy OEM Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy Cheap Adobe Premiere Pro CS3
- Download Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 New Features
- Buy Lynda.com - Drupal 7: Reporting and Visualizing Data (en)
- Download Paragon CampTune 8 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Flash Professional CS5 MAC
- Buy ABest MOV Video Converter (en)
- Buy Cheap Altova SchemaAgent 2009
- Download Nik Software Dfine 2.0 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Raster Design 2014 (32-bit)
- 149.95$ Pixologic ZBrush 4 MAC cheap oem
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Lynn Bartenhagen|
|Wednesday, 06 February 2013 09:42|
The Muscatine Art Center is pleased to announce the upcoming exhibition, “The Other Side of the Earth” by Chun Arthur Wang. The exhibition will open on Sunday, March 10 and run through Sunday, April 21, 2013.
In conjunction with Wang’s exhibit, the Muscatine Art Center is offering a class on the art of Chinese calligraphy. An instructor from the Confucius Institute, a branch of the University of Iowa’s International Program will be conducting the class. There is no experience needed, and all supplies will be provided.
The English word "calligraphy" refers to that which is "beautiful writing", which includes both aspects of calligraphy- as a practice and as an art form. Chinese calligraphy is functional as a means of communication- at its basic level calligraphy is focused on writing well. However, calligraphy is also considered an art form in its own right, where works are appreciated more or only for their aesthetic qualities. Calligraphy has also led to the development of many different forms of art in China, including seal carvings, ornate paperweights, and inkstones.
What: Chinese Calligraphy Class
When: Thursday, March 28, 2013
Time: 5:15 PM
Fee: $10.00 /$9.00 for Friends Members
Where: The Muscatine Art Center’s Art Studio
To register, please contact Katy Doherty, Program Coordinator, at 563-263-8282 or by email at
. Registration is appreciated no later than Wednesday, March 27. Class size is limited. For more information about the University of Iowa’s Confucius Institute, please visit: http://international.uiowa.
The Muscatine Art Center is located at 1314 Mulberry Avenue in Muscatine, Iowa. Hours are Tuesday through Friday from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Thursday evenings until 7:00 p.m., and Saturday and Sunday from 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. Admission is free. Donations are appreciated. Go to www.muscatineartcenter.org for more information about programs and events and to download a class brochure.
Tags See All Tags