- Download Outlook 2010 All-in-One For Dummies
- 149.95$ Adobe Pagemaker 7 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - CSS For Developers
- Download Ashampoo Uninstaller 3
- Buy Autodesk Maya 2011 (32-bit) (en,ja)
- Buy Resolume Avenue 3 MAC (en,de,fr,es,ca)
- Buy OEM ARTS PDF Aerialist Professional
- Buy Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006 (en)
- Buy Adobe Photoshop CS3 Photographers Guide (en)
- 29.95$ Avanquest Fix-It Utilities Professional 9 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS4 with CSS Essential Training
- Buy Lynda.com - PHP Essential Training (en)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - InDesign CS6 New Features cheap oem
|CHM Corporate Statement on Immigration|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Sister Jeanie Hagedorn, CHM|
|Monday, 02 August 2010 13:43|
RATIONALE: Current federal immigration laws are acknowledged to be inadequate in protecting the rights and dignity of immigrant people living in our country. The failure of Congress to enact federal legislative reform is currently resulting in efforts by some individual states to enact their own laws that discriminate against persons of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
WHEREAS: In our CHM Mission Statement we ”commit ourselves as individuals and as a congregation to work for justice within the human family….” The current intolerant treatment of immigrant persons obligates us as Christians to stand in solidarity with our immigrant sisters and brothers by making a public statement of support for them.
RESOLUTION: The members of the Congregation of the Humility of Mary stand in solidarity with our immigrant sisters and brothers and urge the U.S. Administration and Congress to enact fair and comprehensive Immigration Reform without delay. Legislation should reflect our own immigrant history, tradition and values as a nation: protecting and respecting the dignity of all people, acknowledging the value and contributions of immigrants, preserving the unity of families, and providing a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants who desire to make their home in this country.
IMPLEMENTATION: The corporate statement would be distributed to the press, to our Congressional representatives and to the President and his Administration. This could be accomplished through the cooperative efforts of the CHM Communications staff person, the Peace and Justice Coordinator and the Nonviolence and/or Cultural Diversity APGs.
Tags See All Tags