- Discount - Microsoft Project 2010: The Missing Manual
- Buy TamoSoft CommView For WiFi 6 Full (en)
- Download Symantec PCAnywhere 12.5
- 99.95$ Adobe Captivate 5 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Photoshop Elements 6
- 39.95$ ABest Video Converter Spirit cheap oem
- 149.95$ Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway Enterprise Edition 2010 (64-bit) cheap oem
- 29.95$ SmileOnMyMac disclabel 6 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Alfred 2 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Xilisoft DVD Creator 3 MAC
- Discount - Paragon Drive Backup Professional 8.5
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop Elements 10 MAC
- Buy Adobe InDesign CS4 MAC (en,ja,ko,zh,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,da,fi,no,sv)
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (32-bit)
|CHM Corporate Statement on Immigration|
|News Releases - Civic News & Info|
|Written by Sister Jeanie Hagedorn, CHM|
|Monday, 02 August 2010 13:43|
RATIONALE: Current federal immigration laws are acknowledged to be inadequate in protecting the rights and dignity of immigrant people living in our country. The failure of Congress to enact federal legislative reform is currently resulting in efforts by some individual states to enact their own laws that discriminate against persons of diverse backgrounds and cultures.
WHEREAS: In our CHM Mission Statement we ”commit ourselves as individuals and as a congregation to work for justice within the human family….” The current intolerant treatment of immigrant persons obligates us as Christians to stand in solidarity with our immigrant sisters and brothers by making a public statement of support for them.
RESOLUTION: The members of the Congregation of the Humility of Mary stand in solidarity with our immigrant sisters and brothers and urge the U.S. Administration and Congress to enact fair and comprehensive Immigration Reform without delay. Legislation should reflect our own immigrant history, tradition and values as a nation: protecting and respecting the dignity of all people, acknowledging the value and contributions of immigrants, preserving the unity of families, and providing a path to citizenship for undocumented immigrants who desire to make their home in this country.
IMPLEMENTATION: The corporate statement would be distributed to the press, to our Congressional representatives and to the President and his Administration. This could be accomplished through the cooperative efforts of the CHM Communications staff person, the Peace and Justice Coordinator and the Nonviolence and/or Cultural Diversity APGs.
Tags See All Tags