- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Improving SEO Using Accessibility Techniques
- Discount - CrossOver 13.0 MAC
- Buy OEM Corel PaintShop Photo Pro X3
- 29.95$ Intuit TurboTax Premier 2008 cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Office 2007 Professional
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Textures (en)
- Buy Cheap Maxon Cinema 4D R15 MAC
- Download GibbsCAM 2013 32-bit
- Buy Cheap FileMaker Pro 11: The Missing Manual
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS6 Classroom in a Book
- Buy Runtime Revolution Enterprise 2.9 (en)
- Buy Alien Skin Snap Art 3 MAC (en)
- Discount - Vemedio Snowtape 2 MAC
|Churches United NEEDS YOUR HELP!|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Jo Cohrs|
|Friday, 18 September 2009 14:08|
As you may know, Churches United has the 27 food pantries that cover every single neighborhood in the Quad Cities on both sides of the river. Last year we provided meals for over 105,000 individuals. THIS year, because of the economy, some of our food pantries are experiencing a 75% increase. We also have 3 hot meal sites: The Churches United meal site @ Salvation Army in Davenport, the Churches United meal site @ Mt. Zion Missionary Baptist church in East Moline and the Hope UCC Meal Site in Moline. Every single night in the Quad Cities, a hot meal is served. Last year over 30,000 meals were served and so far in 2009 they’re seeing increases of up to 50%! Additionally, Churches United has our Winnie’s Place Woman’s Shelter which serves women who are homeless or victims of domestic violence, with or without children. Just this year, Shelter has seen a 100% increase in clients in need.
With the economy the way it is, donations are down and usage at the food pantries, meal sites and the shelter is up. People who have never had to use a food pantry are having to do so. Same with the meal sites. So Churches United is trying to be creative in increasing it’s financial support. This is where you come in!
If you have any questions about our upcoming events, or Churches United in general, please give us a call at 309-786-6494. Thank you for your support!
Tags See All Tags