- Buy Kigo Video Converter Pro MAC (en)
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (32-bit)
- Discount - Cheetah 3D 5 MAC
- 19.95$ ACDSee Photo Editor 2008 cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk NavisWorks Review 2009 (en)
- Download Adobe Photoshop CS4 Studio Techniques
- Download Stellar Phoenix iPod Recovery v2 MAC
- Buy Autodesk NavisWorks Simulate 2009 (en)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning FileMaker Pro 12 cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - SQL Server: Triggers, Stored Procedures, and Functions
- 89.95$ Electric Rain Swift 3d v6 MAC cheap oem
|Civil War Music from the Muscatine High School at the Muscatine Art Center|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Katy Doherty|
|Tuesday, 11 October 2011 13:43|
Music was used extensively during the Civil War. Bands would play during recruitment rallies to excite the crowd and entice men to enlist. Music was used as a form of entertainment and as a means of inspiring loyalty and camaraderie among the troops. Music sounded the soldiers' daily activities, led them into battle and laid them to rest.
Singing was one of the soldiers' favorite ways to pass time. Many songs were inspirational marching tunes meant to keep morale high, while others were sad, sentimental songs whose lyrics reminded the men of loved ones and home. Most Civil War era music is easily recognizable today, as they are steadfast favorites.
Join us in the Music Room for a special program of Civil War era music, presented by the Muscatine Art Center in conjunction with the current exhibit: Muscatine & the Civil War: A Sesquicentennial Commemoration. The beautiful music will be performed by select group of Muscatine High School students under the direction of Kelly Preslan and Darcy Hendriks of the Vocal and Band Department at the Muscatine High School.
This program will consist of vocal and instrumental selections relating to the Civil War, in the form of ballads, patriotic songs, marches and instrumental drill patterns.
What: Civil War Era Music Performed by the Muscatine High School’s Vocal and Band Department
When: Thursday, November 10, 2011
Time: 6:00 PM
Where: The Muscatine Art Center’s Music Room
Admission to this program is FREE.
Please contact Katy Doherty, Program Coordinator, with any questions or concerns at
The Muscatine Art Center is open to the public Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 10 AM to 5 PM, Thursday from 10 AM to 7 PM and Saturday and Sunday from 1 to 5 PM. Admission is FREE.
Tags See All Tags