- Discount - Autodesk Alias Automotive 2014 MAC
- Download NewTek LightWave 3D 9
- Buy Steinberg Cubase SX3 (en)
- Buy Cheap Solidworks 2010 Premium (64-bit)
- Buy Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Datacenter (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,zh)
- Buy OEM Acala DVD Copy
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)
- Buy OEM I.R.I.S. Readiris 12 Corporate MAC
- Buy Eset Smart Security 5 (32-bit) (en)
- 149.95$ ARTS PDF Split Pro cheap oem
|College Night Ask Students to Share Their Definition of Beauty|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Susan Horan|
|Tuesday, 23 October 2012 12:47|
Davenport, IA (October 2012)- On Thursday, October 25 from 6-9 pm students, faculty and staff from any college or university are invited to enjoy free admission to the Figge during the annual College Night at the Figge event. As an extension of the current exhibition, Posing Beauty in African American Culture, which features a selection of photographs that challenge the idealized form of beauty in art, “Maximum Exposure” will be a night focused on questioning the definition of beauty and exploring photography and portraiture. The event is hosted by Western Illinois University Museum Studies students.
Event participants will experience Posing Beauty with maximum exposure through photo, video, dance and social media opportunities. Guests will have the opportunity to share their definition of beauty through planned activities, such as:
· “Make a Scene” – Take a self portrait using props and speech bubbles to make as statement about how you want to be seen.
· “Frame It Up” – Make and take a frame for your self-portrait.
· “Collage for College” – Create a collage page with your self-portrait photos and with Multi-Media supplies.
· “Photo Face-Off”—Take part in a photo scavenger hunt throughout the museum.
· Hip-Hop Workshop— LaDerrick from Imani! Dancers & Studio for Cultural Arts, Inc will lead a workshop on expressing yourself through dance.
The Figge will also give visitors the opportunity to create a video for the current video contest, “Questioning Beauty.” The contest, which is open to the public, asks people to submit short videos in which they share what they think makes them, or others, beautiful. Event participants are also encouraged to tweet their thoughts and pictures from the night to @figgeartmuseum or use the hashtag #collegenight.
About the Figge Art Museum
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 am to 5 pm, Tuesday through Saturday, Sundays 12-5 pm and Thursdays 10 am- 9pm. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit our website, www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags