- Buy OEM Lynda.com - XHTML and HTML Essential Training
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2014 (32-bit)
- Buy ABest AVI Video Converter (en)
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID 2011 (en)
- Buy Cheap FontLab Fontographer 5 MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit)
- Buy Creative Photoshop CS4: Digital Illustration and Art Techniques (en)
- Buy Cheap Omni Group OmniFocus 2 Pro MAC
- Buy MacPhun Intensify (en)
- Buy Ashampoo Magical Snap 2 (en)
|Colony: Figge Exhibiition opens Saturday|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Natalie Dunlop|
|Tuesday, 20 August 2013 15:27|
Davenport, Iowa (August 20, 2013) – Beginning Saturday a new exhibition will open at the Figge Art Museum. Colony: Figge is being presented in collaboration with the FLUX Foundation, a non-profit organization that encourages people to design and build large-scale public art as a catalyst for education.
Colony: Figge invites members and guests to design and create their own SNAPS (socially networked art panels) while interacting with each other to build a new Colony at the Figge. The SNAPS will be mixed and remixed and a structure will form that escapes the predictable. Supplies will be provided and the activity is free with membership or paid admission.
Colony began as an interactive, collaborative project of the FLUX Foundation sponsored by The Museum Group (TMG). Its first iteration was created at the 2012 American Alliance of Museums annual meeting in Minneapolis, MN, with 5,000 conference participants. TMG nominated the FLUX Foundation as their annual Thought Leader for the conference, inviting FLUX to present at the meeting and build an interactive, collaborative space of creation on site at the conference.
The Figge is always looking for fresh ways to engage visitors and encourage participation and Colony: Figge does just that. The Quad Cities community is the first of hopefully many “settlements” and a way to accomplish the FLUX Foundation’s mission statement: Building art through community. Building community through art.
The Figge Art Museum is located on the riverfront in downtown Davenport at 225 West Second Street. Hours are from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday and Sundays 12-5 p.m. Thursdays the museum is open until 9 p.m. Admission to the museum and tour is $7. Admission is free to Figge members and institutional members and free to all on Thursday evenings from 5 p.m. – 9 p.m.. To contact the museum, please call 563.326.7804, or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags