- Buy OEM Chief Architect X2
- Discount - Lynda.com - Illustrator CS6 Essential Training
- Buy Adobe SoundBooth CS4 MAC (de,en,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- Buy OEM Adobe After Effects CS4
- Buy OEM Alien Skin Blow Up 3
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk Autocad Electrical 2014
- Download Lynda.com - Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop CS4 Essential Training (en)
- Download Autodesk Alias Surface 2014 MAC
- Buy Cheap 4Media DVD Ripper Platinum 5
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 (64-bit) (en)
- Discount - SmartSoft SmartFTP 4.0 Home (32-bit)
- Download Adobe Premiere Pro CS4
|Community Memorial Service and Celebration of Life for Churches United leader Ron Quay scheduled for February 2, 2013|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Cathy Bolkcom|
|Tuesday, 08 January 2013 08:56|
A public Interfaith Memorial Service and Celebration of Life for Rev. Ron Quay, longtime Executive Director of Churches United of the Quad Cities, will be held on February 2, 2013 at 2 PM at the Unitarian Church of the Quad Cities, 3707 Eastern Ave in Davenport.
Rev. Quay died suddenly after a brief illness on December 28 at Trinity West Hospital in Rock Island. A private funeral was held on December 31 and cremation rites followed.
According to Cathy Bolkcom, chaplain and friend of the family, his wife, Marcy Doyle and his sons want to give the public and the faith communities with whom Rev. Quay worked a chance to come together and celebrate his life and his work. “Ron Quay was a great leader for all of us in the Quad Cities. His faith propelled him to take action to make the community a more just place and he took a special interest in connecting and building bridges between the various faith communities in the Quad Cities,” said Bolkcom.
Rabbi Henry Karp, Cantor Gail Karp, Dr. Lisa Killinger from the Muslim Community, 1st Baptist ministers Debbi and Flint Miller, Metropolitan Community Church Pastor Rich Hendricks and Unitarian Minister Jay Wolin will all participate in the Celebration of Life.
All are welcome. Memorials in Rev. Quay’s name can be made to Churches United or to the family for a local memorial to be arranged. Wheelan-Pressly in Rock Island is handling the arrangements for the family.
Tags See All Tags