- Buy Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 MAC (en)
- Download Lynda.com - Excel 2013 Essential Training
- Discount - Avanquest SystemSuite Professional 8
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Creating and Managing Blog Network with WordPress
- Discount - Lynda.com - Joomla! 1.7: Programming and Packaging Extensions
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 4 Design Standard MAC
- Buy OEM Apple Compressor 4 MAC
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2012 (64-bit) (en)
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Korean (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Combustion 4
- Buy Cheap iPhone: The Missing Manual
- Download Nik Software Sharpener Pro 3 MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office OneNote 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Cyberlink PowerDirector 9 Ultra64
|CONCERNED QUAD CITIANS TO CALL ON CONGRESS TO RAISE THE DEBT CEILING AND SPARE QUAD CITY FAMILIES FROM ECONOMIC DEVASTATION|
|News Releases - Local Events|
|Written by Dino Leone|
|Thursday, 10 October 2013 08:03|
DAVENPORT – On Monday, October 14th at 5 PM, concerned Quad Citians will gather at United Neighbors (808 N. Harrison St. Davenport, Iowa) to call on Congress to raise the debt ceiling in order to prevent a catastrophic default that will severely harm the economy.
Speakers will call on US House Republicans to follow the sensible positions of Congressmen Loebsack and Braley, who have shown leadership on this issue.
Speakers at the event will include:
Chuck Conger, President of AFGE 2119 (Rock Island Arsenal JMTC Employees), will speak about how the shutdown has affected federal employees and how a debt ceiling breach would drastically magnify the damage done to our economy.
Tom Seymour, President of the Quad City Alliance for Retired Americans, will talk about the potential of Social Security benefits to retirees stopping if the debt limit is reached and the government defaults on its payments to retirees, the disabled, and other SSA recipients.
Mike Malmstrom of the Homeless Veterans Outreach Center will give examples of the type of work done by the outreach workers at the VA Homeless Outreach center, and how they have been already affected by the shutdown. He will also provide other examples of how veterans will be affected by the potential debt ceiling limit including the effects of a debt ceiling breach on GI Bill benefits.
The event is open to the media and open to the public.
The event is sponsored by AFSCME Iowa Council 61, the Quad City Federation of Labor, the Quad City Alliance for Retired Americans, the Iowa Federation of Labor, and the Iowa Alliance for Retired Americans.
MONDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2013
WHAT: Concerned Quad Citians to hold an event calling on Congress to raise the debt ceiling.
WHO: Chuck Conger, President of AFGE 2119 (Rock Island Arsenal JMTC Employees).
Tom Seymour, President of the Quad City Alliance for Retired Americans.
Mike Malmstrom of Homeless Veterans Outreach Center.
Union members, activists, and concerned Quad Citians.
WHERE: United Neighbors
808 N. Harrison St.
Davenport, Iowa 52803
WHEN: 5:00 PM
Tags See All Tags