- Download Adobe ColdFusion 9 Enterprise edition MAC (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design & Web Premium MAC
- 279.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID 2011 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Sony Movie Studio Platinum 13 (64-bit)
- Buy FL Studio 8 XXL (en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Mastery
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Greek (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Cheap Adobe Illustrator CC MAC (Full LifeTime License)
- Buy OEM Autodesk Maya 2014 MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows 8 (32 bit)
- Buy Roxio Creator 2012 Pro (en)
- Discount - Adobe InCopy CC (Full LifeTime License)
|Cultural Center Features Project AWARE Sculptures and Iowa's Largest Art Show|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Lori Chappell|
|Monday, 06 August 2012 14:10|
DES MOINES, IA (08/03/2012)(readMedia)-- The Patty and Jim Cownie Cultural Center will be bursting with fine art at the 2012 Iowa State Fair. Home to Iowa's largest art show, the Cultural Center features sculptures, art activities, demonstrations and much more. "Nothing Compares" to the 2012 Iowa State Fair set August 9-19.
The Cultural Center atrium showcases The Art of Becoming AWARE sculptures from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day of the Fair. The sculptures are made from trash pulled from Iowa's rivers in Iowa DNR's Project AWARE cleanup efforts.
Stop by to see the outstanding art entered in this year's Fair. The state's largest art show will showcase exhibits in the areas of fine arts, photography, creative arts, wood projects and doll house and miniature room displays.
Fairgoers can even let their creativity loose and try their hands at making art. Make and Take projects available in the Cultural Center include name bracelets, candles and painted ceramic figurines. Youngsters will also have a special chance to make a masterpiece at Art Attack. Occurring daily from 1-5 p.m. in the courtyard, Art Attack features special arts and crafts activities for kids to make and then take home.
Live demonstrations and working exhibits also offer Fairgoers the opportunity to see art in action, with artists demonstrating such art forms as wheel thrown pottery, glass fusing, china painting and many more.
For a complete schedule of activities in the Cultural Center, visit www.iowastatefair.org.
"Nothing Compares" to the 2012 Iowa State Fair, August 9-19. Save money on advance admission tickets now through August 8 (while supplies last). For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit www.iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags