- 199.95$ QuarkXPress 10 cheap oem
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010 (32 bit) (en)
- Buy Infinite Skills - Advanced HTML5 Training MAC (en)
- 59.95$ Corel Website Creator X6 cheap oem
- Buy CorelCAD 2013 (64 bit) (en)
- Buy OEM Hazel 3
- Buy OEM Parallels Desktop 5 MAC
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows 8 Enterprise (32-bit)
- Download Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 2 on Demand
- Buy OEM Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional
- Discount - Microsoft Visio Standard 2013
- Buy Cheap Adobe SoundBooth CS4
- 149.95$ Adobe Dreamweaver CC MAC (Full Lifetime License) cheap oem
|Cultural Center Features Project AWARE Sculptures and Iowa's Largest Art Show|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Lori Chappell|
|Monday, 06 August 2012 14:10|
DES MOINES, IA (08/03/2012)(readMedia)-- The Patty and Jim Cownie Cultural Center will be bursting with fine art at the 2012 Iowa State Fair. Home to Iowa's largest art show, the Cultural Center features sculptures, art activities, demonstrations and much more. "Nothing Compares" to the 2012 Iowa State Fair set August 9-19.
The Cultural Center atrium showcases The Art of Becoming AWARE sculptures from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day of the Fair. The sculptures are made from trash pulled from Iowa's rivers in Iowa DNR's Project AWARE cleanup efforts.
Stop by to see the outstanding art entered in this year's Fair. The state's largest art show will showcase exhibits in the areas of fine arts, photography, creative arts, wood projects and doll house and miniature room displays.
Fairgoers can even let their creativity loose and try their hands at making art. Make and Take projects available in the Cultural Center include name bracelets, candles and painted ceramic figurines. Youngsters will also have a special chance to make a masterpiece at Art Attack. Occurring daily from 1-5 p.m. in the courtyard, Art Attack features special arts and crafts activities for kids to make and then take home.
Live demonstrations and working exhibits also offer Fairgoers the opportunity to see art in action, with artists demonstrating such art forms as wheel thrown pottery, glass fusing, china painting and many more.
For a complete schedule of activities in the Cultural Center, visit www.iowastatefair.org.
"Nothing Compares" to the 2012 Iowa State Fair, August 9-19. Save money on advance admission tickets now through August 8 (while supplies last). For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit www.iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags