|Culver-Stockton College students recognized during Honors Day|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by C-SC Communications Office|
|Wednesday, 09 May 2012 14:35|
CANTON, MO (05/08/2012)(readMedia)-- Culver-Stockton College continued its tradition of honoring the accomplishments of students during the annual Honors Day Convocation Monday, May 7.
Dozens of students were awarded for overall academic achievement, outstanding performance within their major, academic competition and scholar-athlete rankings. Many of the awards have been established by or in memory of Culver-Stockton alumni/ae. "This long-standing tradition of the college not only unites the student body as they honor their classmates and friends for achievements in the 2011 - 2012 academic year, but also represents the culmination of a year of hard work. I can think of no finer way to end another academic year on 'the Hill' than to pay tribute to members of our student body," commented C-SC President Richard Valentine.
Awards and recipients include:
- The Frank T. Edgar Award in History & Political Science - Kaitlyn Gutheil from Bettendorf, IA.
- The J. David Bursewicz Senior Scholarship Award - Kaitlyn Gutheil from Bettendorf, IA.
- The Koch Divisional Award - Kaitlyn Gutheil from Bettendorf, IA.
- The Mahan Prizes in Creative Writing - One-Act Play - Kaitlyn Gutheil from Bettendorf, IA.
- The Phi Eta Sigma Book Award - Kaitlyn Gutheil from Bettendorf, IA.
- The Stuart Hoyle Purvines English Award - Kaitlyn Gutheil from Bettendorf, IA.
Members of the class of 2012 will receive their diplomas during the Commencement Ceremony to be held Saturday, May 12 at 9:30 a.m. on the campus of Culver-Stockton College.
Tags See All Tags