- Buy OEM Red Giant Keying Suite 11 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap EFD HD Tune Professional
- Download Adobe Captivate 5 MAC
- Discount - Lynda.com - Up and Running with PHP: PEAR, PECL, and Composer
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Portuguese (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy OEM Ashampoo Burning Studio 7
- 29.95$ Prosoft Engineering Drive Genius 3 MAC cheap oem
- Download Adobe SoundBooth CS4
- Buy Cheap GFI EndPointSecurity 2012
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Dreamweaver CS6 New Features
- 79.95$ Nik Software Complete Collection 2013 cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Office 2007 Standard (en,da,nl,fi,fr,de,it,no,pl,pt,ru,es,sv,bg,hr,cs,et,el,hu,lv,lt,ro,sr,sk,sl,tr,uk)
- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CS5 Classroom in a Book
- Buy Cheap PCTools Spyware Doctor® 2010 for Windows®
|Dad â€“ Are You Teaching Your Children Responsible Personal Money Management?|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Thursday, 06 June 2013 08:32|
3 Things a Father Must Teach His Kids About Managing Their Money
As a father of five teenagers, it feels like all I do every day is teach my kids lessons. These lessons span a wide range of topics – from “how to treat others,” to “being a team player,” to “exude confidence not cockiness.” It has taken me years to determine the most important lessons pertaining to personal money management, which is one of the most important skills they need to learn.
With all the issues facing teenagers today, why do I say this? Three reasons:
1. Schools teach them absolutely nothing about personal money management.
It is imperative to set the right example for your children when it comes to money management. In my book, “Why Didn’t They Teach Me This in School? 99 Personal Money Management Principles to Live By” (www.
Here are what I consider every dad’s three “must teach” principles:
Ninety-five percent of adults don’t follow these principles because they’ve been told that debt is OK and they’re trying to keep up with the Joneses (who, by the way, are bankrupt)! I’ve told my teenagers (and my nephews who are in their 20’s), if they always follow these three basic principles, they will become extremely adept at personal money management.
Take the time to talk with your children about all the issues that confront them. Especially, take the time to discuss the issue of personal money management. From experience, we all know that it is an issue that has caused much pain to our generation.
About Cary Siegel
Cary Siegel is a retired business executive. After earning his MBA from the University of Chicago, he began his career in brand management with Kraft and went on to lead several companies in marketing and sales. He wrote “Why Didn’t They Teach Me This in School? 99 Personal Money Management Principles to Live By,” whydidnttheyteachmethisinschoo
Tags See All Tags