- Buy Cheap Microsoft Expression Studio 4 Web Professional (32-bit)
- Discount - Eset Smart Security 6 (64-bit)
- Download Lynda.com - Foundations of Photography: Exposure
- Discount - Adobe Audition 3
- Discount - ARTS PDF Aerialist
- Discount - Maxon Cinema 4D R15 MAC
- Buy Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium Family Pack with SP1 (32 bit & 64 bit) (en,ar,bg,cs,da,de,el,es,et,fi,fr,he,hr,hu,it,ja,ko,lt,lv,nb,nl,pl,pt,ro,ru,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk)
- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Italian (Level 1, 2, 3, 4, & 5 Set)
- Buy Autodesk Mudbox 2014 (64-bit) (en,fr,de,ja)
- 29.95$ Nero 9 Reloaded cheap oem
- Buy OEM Corel Painter X
- Buy OEM Aimersoft Total Media Converter 2 MAC
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Autodesk 3DS Max 2013 MAC
|Davenport Area Healthiest State Walk Set for October 3|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Ron Summers|
|Friday, 28 September 2012 14:54|
- Goals: Continue momentum, build on successful 2011 event -
Davenport, Iowa – Residents of the Davenport and the greater Quad Cities will join with thousands of other Iowans in a one-kilometer Healthiest State Walk at 12 noon on Wednesday, October 3. Local walkers will meet at the River’s Edge, 700 West River Drive. We will walk from River Drive to Credit Island and back, with an option for those that would like to hike around the 2.3 miles island.
State organizers hope to involve even more than the 291,000-plus Iowans who participated in the Healthiest State Initiative’s “Start Somewhere” walk in 2011. A kilometer is about 7.5 city blocks, a 12-minute stroll for the average walker. Walkers can sign up for the event at www.iowahealthieststate.com.
“Iowans showed their extraordinary support of the Healthiest State Initiative with last year’s walk,” said Theresa Hauman, local coordinator. “By itself, of course, a one-kilometer walk is not enough to change the health of the state, but we’re encouraging even more residents of the Davenport and greater Quad City area to join in this year’s event and maintain our momentum toward becoming the healthiest state.”
In 2011, Governor Terry Branstad and Lt. Governor Kim Reynolds announced the plan to make Iowa the healthiest state in the nation within five years as measured by the Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index®. In 2011, Iowa ranked 16th compared to all other states, up from the 19th position in 2010.
“The intent of the Healthiest State Walk is to encourage Iowans to take their own steps that will help us improve our state’s well-being rank,” Branstad said when announcing the 2012 walk date. ”The Healthiest State Initiative this year will continue to champion existing well-being programs with special emphasis on encouraging local walk groups, workplace well-being, consumption of fruits and vegetables, and smoking cessation. Progress in these areas will translate to a healthier Iowa and better quality of life for all its residents.”
The Healthiest State Initiative is a privately led, public effort that engages Iowans and their communities throughout the state. It involves individuals, families, businesses, faith-based organizations, not-for-profits and the public sector in a broad-based community-focused effort. For more information, visit www.iowahealthieststate.com.
Tags See All Tags