- Buy Mac OS X Lion: The Missing Manual (en)
- Buy Cheap Creative Photoshop CS4: Digital Illustration and Art Techniques
- 59.95$ Adobe Premiere Elements 10 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM MacItBetter BetterZip 2 MAC
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Architecture 2014 (64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Mudbox 2011 (64-bit)
- Buy Lynda.com - AutoCAD 2013 Essentials: 01 Interface and Drawing Mangement (en)
- Discount - Lynda.com - Creating Infographics with Illustrator
- Buy Cheap Adobe Acrobat XI Pro
- 149.95$ NewTek LightWave 3D 10 MAC cheap oem
- Download Autodesk 3ds Max 2012
|DAVID BERKELEY at BORDERS in DAVENPORT on Sun, Feb 20th|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Jeff Tiajuana|
|Monday, 31 January 2011 15:00|
“Emotional story-telling lyrics, charismatic stage presence, and hilarious anecdotes.” - June Wulff, The Boston Globe
David Berkeley released his new album Some Kind of Cure this week and everywhere you look, the media is singing his praises. WXPN featured a track online before his on-air performance on Wednesday, and Spinner and AOL are currently hosting FULL CD LISTENING PARTIES of the album. David also performed "George Square" on NBC's "The 10! Show" in Philly yesterday.
While living in a 35-person village in the mountains of Corsica, David Berkeley wrote the most haunting and powerful music of his life. Upon returning to the U.S., he began recording a collection of these songs and the resulting work is Some Kind of Cure.Along with his album, Berkeley has written an accompanying book of short stories entitled 140 Goats and a Guitar, the Stories behind Some Kind of Cure. The book tells the stories of how each song was written while adapting to his surroundings, missing home, and trying to survive, all with his wife and 2 year old child. They’re both heartfelt and humorous, not unlike David’s performances. More info on the book can be found at http://www.davidberkeley.com/
David will be in DAVENPORT, IA on SUN, FEB 20th at BORDERS at 3pm for a FREE reading, performance and signing.
“There's a quiet beauty in David Berkeley's voice that carries a strength with it. He's a storyteller. He's a heart breaker.
He's at once a gusting tornado and an elegant whisper.”
- SF Chronicle
“You could call what David Berkeley does folk-pop, but it's really a kind of musical alchemy - a profound sensibility that's somehow radio-ready.
He plays finely crafted songs off his sensational new album Some Kind of Cure."
- Philadelphia Inquirer
"David Berkeley’s new album is some kind of wonderful for fans of the written and recited word.
- Driftwood Magazine
DAVID BERKELEY @ BORDERS
4000 East 53rd St
ALL AGES - FREE
Tags See All Tags