- Download Macrabbit CSSEdit 2 MAC
- 79.95$ Adobe After Effects CS4 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro Extended
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Office Publisher 2003
- Buy Red Giant Shooter Suite 12 (en)
- 249.95$ Autodesk Alias Design 2012 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Mariner StoryMill 3 MAC (en)
- Buy Cheap Luxion KeyShot Pro 4 + Animation + KeyShotVR
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Windows Server 2012 Foundation
- Buy Cheap Autodesk Ecotect Analysis 2011
- Buy OEM Steinberg WaveLab 6
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD Structural Detailing 2015 (64-bit) (en,de,es,fr,it)
|Day of the Dead at the Figge.|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Figge Art Museum|
|Friday, 03 October 2008 02:35|
The Figge Art Museum presents the exhibition, Day of the Dead or El Día de los Muertos.
Presented in partnership with Casa Guanajuato Mexican Cultural Center. This exhibition opens on October 11 and runs to November 16.
El Día de los Muertos is a Mexican cultural tradition where family and friends gather to celebrate the lives of relatives and friends who have passed away. Rituals that celebrate deaths of ancestors can be traced back 3,000 years.
Traditionally, families would create altars or ofrendas to invite the souls to come home, and making them feel comfortable and joyful during their stay. The altars can include photographs, personal belongings, and symbolic items.
This exhibition will include seven Day of the Dead altars created by Casa Guanajuato Mexican Cultural Center, Latino Unidos, Augustana College; Latino Unidos, Moline High School; the Imelda Crinklaw Family; and the Jose Lopez Family.
On Sunday, November 2nd, Figge will host the free community celebration, Dia de los Muertos Festival from 4- 7 pm. The festival will include performers, activities, and refreshments. Museum admission will be free for this event.
The Figge is located at 225 West Second Street, Davenport, Iowa. For more information contact the Figge at 563-326-7804 or visit www.figgeartmuseum.org.
Tags See All Tags