- Buy Cheap Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2009
- Discount - Autodesk MentalRay Standalone 3.6.1a
- Buy Lynda.com - Photoshop for Designers: Textures (en)
- 49.95$ InstallShield X Express Edition cheap oem
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning Microsoft Excel 2013 MAC
- Buy OEM Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended
- Download Adobe InDesign CS6
- Download Lynda.com - Ruby on Rails Beyond the Basics
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - Flash Professional CS6 New Features cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard (en,da,de,es,fr,nl,pt,it,sv)
- Buy Adobe Flash CS3 Professional (en,nl,ko,ja,it,fr)
- Buy Cheap Nik Software Complete Collection Ultimate Edition MAC (32-bit)
|De Witt Operahouse Theater Presents "Back Road Blues"|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Modern American Cinema|
|Tuesday, 14 May 2013 12:50|
Greetings from Modern American Cinema! The next film in the De Witt Operahouse Film Series will be Back Road Blues, directed by Blake Eckard, will be screening at 2PM on Sunday, May 19th.
De Witt Operahouse Theater
712 6th Ave
De Witt, IA 52742-1638
When a drifter is slowly working his way towards home, he finds himself without money. He ends up finding a job that doesn't pay much, but it will do for now. While working he gets to know another young man who started a month earlier, and the two eventually bond. What follows is a story of drifters trying to move on.
"A minor masterpiece, Back Road Blues is hilariously absurd and tragic- like America itself" says Dennis Grunes, author of A Short Chronology Of World Cinema
Back Road Blues is the second movie written, produced, directed, and edited by Missouri based filmmaker Blake Eckard. In June 2004, after Eckard spent four years working on a film about the Sasquatch Oregon, he returned to his hometown of Stanberry and wrote a thirty page script. Two months later shot the film in seven straight days on 16mm recans (film that has been open, loaded into the camera, but not used). The film was originally intended for broadcast on PBS. It had short theatrical release during the summer of 2008 in Toronto, Canada through a company called Film We Like. In 2012, Back Road Blues along with three other titles from Blake Eckard were picked up for distribution by Modern American Cinema, LLC (distributors of Capone's Whiskey: The Story of Templeton Rye).
Modern American Cinema is Iowa based independent media distributor with interests in both broadcast and theatrical exhibition. Founded in 2010 by Rock Island native, Kristian Day (director of Capone's Whiskey: The Story of Templeton Rye and Brent Houzenga: Hybrid Pioneer), the company distributes between five to six films per year to art houses, student cinemas, and rural town theaters.
Tags See All Tags