- 29.95$ Xilisoft DVD Ripper Ultimate 5 cheap oem
- Discount - Microsoft Streets & Trips 2009
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD P&ID 2011
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning Maxon Cinema 4D R14
- 59.95$ Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Download Adobe Contribute CS4 MAC
- Download Autodesk Alias Surface 2012 (32-bit)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office Access 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy Cheap Adobe After Effects CS5.5 MAC
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard (64 bit)
- 149.95$ IMSI TurboCAD Pro 15 cheap oem
- Buy Adobe SpeedGrade CC (Full LifeTime License) (en,de,es,fr,it)
|Denny Rehder - Grass Between the Rails|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Lynn Bartenhagen|
|Thursday, 28 August 2014 13:49|
The Muscatine Art Center has received funding from Humanities Iowa, a private, non-profit state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities, to host the presentation, “Grass Between the Rails”, by Denny Rehder at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 4, 2014, Muscatine Art Center, 1314 Mulberry Avenue, Muscatine. A cultural resource for Iowans since 1971, Humanities Iowa offers many cultural and historical programs and grants to Iowa’s communities. The performance is free and open to the public.
Denny Rehder created this program as an official Iowa Sesquicentennial event in 1996. His appearances around the state have been funded by Humanities Iowa and the National Endowment for the Humanities ever since. This will be his 89th performance.
Rehder has been a musician all his life. He has combined that ability with his love of Iowa history to produce "Grass Between the Rails," a celebration of Iowa's railroad heritage in words and original music. His songs cover the gamut of Iowa railroad history from the race for Council Bluffs to the Burlington Zephyr. Through his music, he visits the worst wreck ever, Iowa’s best-known railroad hero, the road through Paradise, the one elephant circus and his family’s ties to the Illinois Central.
He has been involved in the publication of several books on Iowa history. Four were published by his own Waukon & Mississippi Press, including his first book, "Grass Between the Rails," the history of the Waukon, Iowa, branch of the Milwaukee Road. He also wrote and published “The Shampoo King,” the history of the F. W. Fitch Company and the famous Fitch Bandwagon radio show.
Now retired, he has been a professional writer and photographer for more than fifty years. His work has received local, regional and national awards. Rehder grew up on a farm near Gladbrook overlooking the Chicago Great Western mainline.
Tags See All Tags