- Download Autodesk Quantity Takeoff 2012
- Buy OEM Microsoft MapPoint 2010 North America
- Discount - Lynda.com - SQL Server: Triggers, Stored Procedures, and Functions
- Buy Imagineer Systems mocha Pro v3.1 (en)
- Download VMware Fusion 5 MAC
- Discount - Sony Sound Forge 10
- Download Corel PhotoImpact X3
- 99.95$ Adobe Illustrator CS5 cheap oem
- Buy Telestream Flip4Mac WMV Player Pro (en)
- Discount - Intuit TurboTax Home & Business 2012
- 199.95$ Autodesk 3Ds Max 2008 cheap oem
- Download Infinite Skills - Learning Maya 2012
|Denny Rehder - Grass Between the Rails|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Lynn Bartenhagen|
|Thursday, 28 August 2014 13:49|
The Muscatine Art Center has received funding from Humanities Iowa, a private, non-profit state affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities, to host the presentation, “Grass Between the Rails”, by Denny Rehder at 5:30 p.m., Thursday, Sept. 4, 2014, Muscatine Art Center, 1314 Mulberry Avenue, Muscatine. A cultural resource for Iowans since 1971, Humanities Iowa offers many cultural and historical programs and grants to Iowa’s communities. The performance is free and open to the public.
Denny Rehder created this program as an official Iowa Sesquicentennial event in 1996. His appearances around the state have been funded by Humanities Iowa and the National Endowment for the Humanities ever since. This will be his 89th performance.
Rehder has been a musician all his life. He has combined that ability with his love of Iowa history to produce "Grass Between the Rails," a celebration of Iowa's railroad heritage in words and original music. His songs cover the gamut of Iowa railroad history from the race for Council Bluffs to the Burlington Zephyr. Through his music, he visits the worst wreck ever, Iowa’s best-known railroad hero, the road through Paradise, the one elephant circus and his family’s ties to the Illinois Central.
He has been involved in the publication of several books on Iowa history. Four were published by his own Waukon & Mississippi Press, including his first book, "Grass Between the Rails," the history of the Waukon, Iowa, branch of the Milwaukee Road. He also wrote and published “The Shampoo King,” the history of the F. W. Fitch Company and the famous Fitch Bandwagon radio show.
Now retired, he has been a professional writer and photographer for more than fifty years. His work has received local, regional and national awards. Rehder grew up on a farm near Gladbrook overlooking the Chicago Great Western mainline.
Tags See All Tags