- 39.95$ Parallels Desktop 5 MAC cheap oem
- Download Altova SchemaAgent 2009
- 59.95$ Rob Papen Predator MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Lynda.com - CSS3 First Look
- Discount - Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite
- Discount - Adobe SoundBooth CS4
- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition MAC (en,ja)
- Buy Cheap Propellerhead Reason 4 MAC
- Download Autodesk AutoCAD Electrical 2015 (32-bit)
- Buy Cheap Photoshop CS4 Down & Dirty Tricks
- 59.95$ Adobe Dreamweaver CS5.5 Student And Teacher Edition MAC cheap oem
- Buy FileMaker Bento 3 MAC (en)
- Buy OEM MacJournal 5 MAC
|'Design a Decal' Contest a Hit Statewide|
|News Releases - Art, Galleries & Museums|
|Written by Richard Martin|
|Thursday, 13 September 2012 08:03|
Teachers Use Student-Designed Stickers to Reward Good Work
DES MOINES, IA (09/11/2012)(readMedia)-- Iowa State Education Association (ISEA) members around the state have used ISEA's student-designed stickers to celebrate student achievement and good work for over 27 years. Now in its 28th year, the popular Design-a-Decal program helps give statewide recognition to young art students when their winning designs are printed on stickers and teachers use them to give positive feedback to their students. With encouraging messages like "Thumbs Up" and "Aced It," the stickers get used on everything from homework assignments, to papers and projects.
Students competed in three, grade-level categories: elementary (K-5); junior high/middle school (6-8); and high school (9-12). The 24 winning designs are printed in full color on sheets of one-inch square stickers and each design is featured twice.
"The Design-a-Decal contest is one of our longest-standing programs because it's so much fun for the students. Art teachers who administer the program are very enthusiastic and the students who submit designs do a great job and love to participate, so it's a win-win for everyone. It's a wonderful way to encourage creativity. The end result is stickers our members can use on homework and other assignments to encourage more great work," said Tammy Wawro, president of the ISEA.
The students who created the designs used on the decal sheets receive two plaques from the ISEA-one they keep and one to be displayed at their school.
(A listing with names of the schools, supervising art teacher, and students whose designs were selected for use on the decal sheets is attached. Also attached is a picture of the winning decals.)
The ISEA is a private, professional organization made up of almost 34,000 educators who are dedicated to promoting and preserving public education for all Iowa students. Great Education. It's an Iowa Basic.
Tags See All Tags