- Buy Adobe Illustrator CS5 (en,da,de,es,it,fr,nl,pt,br,sv,cs,pl,tr,ja,ko)
- Discount - Sorenson Media Squeeze 7 MAC
- 369.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- 269.95$ Autodesk Maya 2013 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - Parallels Desktop 4 for Windows
- 99.95$ Corel Painter 12 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Sony Movie Studio Platinum 12 Suite
- Buy Adobe RoboHelp 9 (en,fr,de,ja)
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Design Suite Premium 2013 (32-bit)
- Buy Delicious Library 2 MAC (en)
- Discount - Apple Final Cut Pro X MAC
- Buy Ableton Live 7 MAC (en)
|'Design-a-Decal' is long-standing contest that creates fun|
|News Releases - Education & Schools|
|Written by Jean Hessburg|
|Tuesday, 20 September 2011 11:37|
DES MOINES, IA (09/19/2011)(readMedia)-- Iowa State Education Association (ISEA) members around the state have used ISEA's student-designed stickers to celebrate student achievement and good work for over 26 years. Now in its 27th year, the popular Design-a-Decal program helps give statewide recognition to budding art students when their winning designs are printed on stickers and teachers use them to give positive feedback to their students. With encouraging messages like "Sweet Job" and "You Rule," the stickers get used on anything from homework assignments, to papers and projects-anything that can get stuck!
Students competed in three, grade-level categories: elementary (K-5); junior high/middle school (6-8); and high school (9-12). The 24 winning designs are printed in full color on sheets of one-inch square stickers and each design is featured twice.
"The Design-a-Decal contest is one of our longest-standing programs because it's so much fun for the students. The art teachers who administer the program are very enthusiastic and the students who submit designs love to participate, so it's a win-win for everyone. It's a wonderful way to encourage creativity and the end result are stickers teachers can use on homework and other assignments to encourage more great work," said Chris Bern, president of the ISEA.
The students who created the designs used on the decal sheets receive two plaques from the ISEA-one they can keep and one to be displayed at their school.
(A listing with names of the schools, supervising art teacher, and students whose designs were selected for use on the decal sheets is attached. Also attached is a sheet of the winning decals.)
Tags See All Tags