- 19.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Bootstrap 2 cheap oem
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard MAC (en,ja,da,de,es,fr,it,nl,pt,sv,fi)
- Buy Cheap Digital Photography Composition For Dummies
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Creating Dynamic Menus
- 69.95$ Microsoft Office Outlook 2010 with SP1 (32-bit & 64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn French (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Cheap ABest Video to RM RMVB WMV Converter
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Create a Sortable Photo Gallery with jQuery
- 289.95$ Autodesk AutoCad Architecture 2012 (64-bit) cheap oem
- 19.95$ Neobyte Titan Backup cheap oem
- Download MathWorks MatLab R2012b
- Buy OEM Atomix VirtualDJ Pro 7 MAC
- Buy Adobe Dreamweaver CS6 Student And Teacher Edition MAC (en,ja)
- Buy Lynda.com - Creating an Interactive Photo Gallery with jQuery and Dreamweaver (en)
|DeWitt Operahouse Indie Film Series starts January 20|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Dianne Prichard|
|Friday, 04 January 2013 16:23|
Independent films are gaining in popularity, both with filmmakers and at the box office. We are establishing an “indie” film series for 2013 at the DeWitt Operahouse Theatre. Our inspiration for the series comes from a variety of sources, including the former “Brew & View” in Rock Island, filmmakers such as Kristian Day, and Tammy and Kelly Rundle, and the interest shown by the media and moviegoers in independent films.
The local Friends of the Library are our cosponsors. Kristian Day, (Capone's Whiskey: The Story of Templeton Rye) is our advisor. The movies will show the third Sunday of the month at 2:00. Tickets are $5.00. First of all, I hope you consider this newsworthy and will share our information in the River Cities Reader, which, by the way, is always on our counter at the Operahouse. Second, I’d like to invite you to visit us at any of our showings.
Here is our list, as of today:
1/20/13 - "2012-13 Best of the Rural Route Film Festival"
2/17/13 - Something Blue
3/17/13 - Hellbound?
4/21/13 - Sleepwalk with Me
5/19/13 - Nobody Walks
8/18/13 - Capone's Whiskey: The Story of Templeton Rye
9/15/13 - Undefeated
10/20/13 - Best Worst Movie w/ Troll 2
11/17/13 - Is this Heaven?
We are, every other day of the week, a conventional one-screen theater. (The Hobbit is playing right now.) The Operahouse has been up and running since 1878, starting with the Uncle Tom plays, moving on to burlesque, then silent films, and, legend has it, the first theater of our size west of the Mississippi to have talkies. And now, we're finally out of the horse & buggy era, showing our films on a digital projector.
Tags See All Tags