- Buy Cheap Rosetta Stone - Learn Arabic (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Download Corel Designer Technical Suite X5
- 259.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3d 2010 cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Autodesk 3ds Max Design 2012
- Buy Red Giant Effects Suite 11 (64-bit) (en)
- 399.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD 2014 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Download FileMaker Pro 11 Advanced
- Buy Cheap FontLab Studio 5 MAC
- Buy OEM Photoshop CS4 For Dummies
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 6 Master Collection MAC
- Buy OEM FL Studio 8 XXL
- Download Intuit TurboTax Premier 2008
|Dinner highlighting Wild Harvest River Fish America's potential: Helping feed the hungry.|
|News Releases - Not-for-Profit News|
|Written by Narveen Aryaputri|
|Monday, 03 October 2011 11:04|
The Moline Commercial Club hosted a private dinner party televised and taped by NIPPON TV and Channel 4 news on September 26th. 2011. The menu was designed to highlight the delicious and healthy wild harvested Carp from the Illinois rivers.
The aim of the dinner and the televised taping was to highlight the upward potential of American business as well as the creation of jobs by increasing wild harvested fish from our waterways. To this purpose the dinner was arranged to serve a variety of dishes for those who had never eaten ‘ the fish called carp’ . The dinner was a huge success. Chef Linda of the Moline Commercial Club prepared Stuffed Green Peppers, Lasagna, and Chili. The Chili was cooked in front of the newscasters and reporters. All items were made with carp. Desserts were chocolate mousse and whipped cream on philo dough cups with fresh raspberry on top; and chocolate, vanilla and raspberry cheesecake squares.
The advantages of the carp is that the fish is NOT a bottom-feeder. It is healthy, and very easily digestible over some of the other fish and meat, and is low calorie, and tasteful: it actually absorbs the flavors of the spices since it does not have its own taste. It is not a greasy fish. The carp has a blood line, which makes its consistency similar to hamburger meat or turkey, or chicken and it does not disintegrate in prepared dishes. It maintains a nice texture and consistency. It is substantial and is not flaky. Because it eats only plankton, it is a light and airy fish and stays on top. The comments were: we ate a lot of food, but we do not feel heavy. Additionally, it is economical at half to a third of the price of meat and most other fish.
In attendance at the dinner were the congressional office of Congressman Schilling and various members of The Moline Commercial Club.
The Moline Commercial Club is looking to achieve three short term and long term goals:
1) Remove the excess carp from the Illinois waterways, while still maintaining sustainability so the species are not endangered.
2) Freeze and ship the wild harvest to countries overseas as well as the American market: both North and South America. An ideal conservative short term goal is 4 containers of 40,000 pounds per week.
3) Make it available to the American families through awareness of health advantages of the carp, cooking techniques, and economics of wild natural harvest, cost per family for a full meal as well as availability in local super markets and grocery stores.
Prepared dishes as well as smoked, raw mince and fillet can be purchased from The Moline Commercial Club.
Ready menus are: Stuffed green peppers, chili, lasagna, fillet with pasta with alfredo or tomato base sauce, fish balls, fish patties, and fish cakes.
Tags See All Tags