- Buy OEM Palm Pre: The Missing Manual
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium MAC
- Discount - GraphiSoft ArchiCAD 13 MAC
- Buy Adobe After Effects CS4 MAC (en,de,es,fr,it,ja,ko)
- Discount - Outlook 2007 All-in-One Desk Reference For Dummies
- 149.95$ FileMaker Server 11 Advanced cheap oem
- Buy OEM ElcomSoft Advanced Archive Password Recovery 4 Professional
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - CSS: Page Layouts
- Discount - Adobe ColdFusion Builder 2 MAC
- Buy OEM Corel AfterShot Pro
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Standard Student And Teacher Edition (en,da,de,es,fr,nl,pt,it,sv)
- 9.95$ Lynda.com - AJAX Essential Training cheap oem
- Buy Cheap ESRI ArcGIS for Desktop 10.2
|Disaster Aid to Iowa after Severe Storms, Tornadoes and Wind|
|News Releases - Environment & Weather|
|Written by Sen Chuck Grassley|
|Monday, 09 May 2011 13:12|
WASHINGTON – May 5, 2011 - Senator Chuck Grassley today said President Barack Obama has issued a major disaster declaration for Iowa, triggering the release of FEMA funds to help Iowa recover from the severe storms, tornadoes and straight-line winds that occurred on April 9-10, 2011. Additional designations may be made at a later date after further evaluation.
“The damage caused by the storms and tornadoes warranted this designation and I’m glad the President addressed it quickly,” Grassley said. “These funds will help Iowans clean up the damage.”
FEMA will provide assistance to Buena Vista, Cherokee, Ida, Monona, Pocahontas, and Sac counties through the Public Assistance program. The Public Assistance program assists state and local governments and certain private nonprofit organizations for emergency work and the repair or replacement of disaster-damaged facilities.
All Iowa counties are also eligible to apply for assistance through the Hazard Mitigation Grant program. The Hazard Mitigation Grant program assists state and local governments and certain private non-profit organizations for actions taken to prevent or reduce long-term risk to life and property from natural hazards.
Last week, Grassley sent a letter to Obama asking him to grant Governor Terry Branstad’s request to declare Iowa a major disaster area as a result of the severe storms, tornadoes, and straight-line winds that occurred on April 9-10, 2011.
A copy of the text of Grassley’s letter can be found by clicking here.
Tags See All Tags