- 29.95$ Nuance PDF Converter Professional 6 cheap oem
- Discount - Adobe Premiere Pro CS3
- Download Autodesk AutoCad Revit Architecture Suite 2012
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 5 Web Premium MAC
- Buy OEM Autodesk AutoCAD Raster Design 2011
- 9.95$ Adobe After Effects CS6 Classroom in a Book cheap oem
- Discount - Infinite Skills - Learning 3DS Max 2012
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Dutch (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Cheap Ashampoo Uninstaller 3
- 49.95$ Prosoft Data Rescue 3 MAC cheap oem
- Buy Cheap Microsoft Digital Image Suite 2006
- Download Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2014 (32-bit & 64-bit)
- Buy OEM Rosetta Stone - Learn Greek (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set)
- Buy Cheap Apple Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
|DISTRICT THEATRE BECOMES NON-PROFIT ENTITY NEW DIRECTION FOR THE COMING SEASON|
|News Releases - Stage & Theatre|
|Written by Lora Adams|
|Tuesday, 02 July 2013 10:04|
ROCK ISLAND, IL – The District Theatre (formerly Harrison Hilltop Theatre) has entered a new era. The theatre, located in downtown Rock Island on 2nd Avenue has completed the process to become a non-profit theatre and has inducted a board of directors, which includes Bryan Tank, Deborah Shippy, Georgia Jecklin, Thomas Hanson, Joseph Maubach, Dana Copell, and Lora Adams. Matt Mercer is the board president.
“I had wanted to complete the season as planned, but the board and I met and felt that rather than wait to implement our new business strategies with the beginning of the sixth season, we roll them out now,” said Tristan Tapscott, District Theatre Artistic Director.
“We looked at our projected expenses and revenue and made the decision to unveil our ‘new vision’ for the District Theatre immediately,” said board president, Mercer. That new vision included changing some of the lineup for the remainder of the year, partnering with other arts organizations and producing special events like the upcoming roast of Tristan Layne Tapscott on July 20th. The theatre’s website is undergoing a change and will be unveiled later this summer.
Opening June 28 is “Reasons to Be Pretty” followed by, James Fairchild's one man cabaret titled “Out of Character.” New offerings begin August 1st with “Twelve Angry Men” “Let’s Face the Music,” a musical revue, in September; “The Agony and Ecstasy of Steve Jobs” in early October and “The Rocky Horror Show” in late October. November 15-24 will be “The Tempest” with and rounding out the year will be the critically acclaimed musical “A Christmas Carol” by Tapscott and Danny White running December 6 to 15.
“In many ways we are returning to our roots presenting a classic play, a new musical and a contemporary show this fall,” said Tapscott
The District Theatre formerly known as Harrison Hilltop theatre, opened in 2008 and moved to their Rock Island location in June 2011. At that time the theatre changed its name to better define its new location in The District of Rock Island.
Tags See All Tags