- Discount - Adobe Photoshop CS5 Extended Student And Teacher Edition MAC
- Buy Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Fundamentals (en)
- Buy Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 Design Premium Student And Teacher Edition (en,de,es,it,pt,nl,sv,fr)
- Discount - Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Professional
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Blender 2.6 Essential Training
- Buy OEM ARTS PDF Split Pro
- Download Autodesk Sketchbook Designer 2011
- Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 Production Premium MAC
- Buy Cheap Corel Motion Studio 3D
- Buy OEM Adobe Audition CC (Full LifeTime License)
- Download Fidelity Media MegaSeg Pro 5 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCAD Plant 3D 2014 (64-bit)
|Doctor: With Cancer, Patients Are First Line of Defense|
|News Releases - Health, Medicine & Nutrition|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Monday, 25 June 2012 09:49|
Early Detection Makes a Big Difference
for 6 Common Complications
Often, it’s not cancer that kills; it’s the complications of cancer, says physician Stephen Garrett Marcus, a senior biotechnology research executive.
Complications are common and become more frequent and severe if cancer progresses or spreads, he says. Spotting them early and treating them quickly can lessen their impact and save lives.
“Patients and their families are the first line of defense; they need to know what to watch for and seek treatment immediately,” says Marcus, author of a comprehensive new reference, Complications of Cancer (www.DrStephenMarcus.com). “Many can be successfully treated if they’re addressed at the first signs of trouble.”
What to watch for? Marcus describes the symptoms of six common complications:
“Attitude is the great wild card for surviving cancer,” Marcus say, “both in vigilance for possible complications, and the courage to keep fighting.”
About Stephen Garrett Marcus, M.D.
Stephen Garrett Marcus, M.D. received his medical degree from New York Medical College and completed a medical oncology fellowship at the University of California in San Francisco. As a senior research executive in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry since 1985, he played a lead role in developing Betaseron as the first effective treatment of multiple sclerosis, and has led multinational research teams for other treatments. Marcus is the president and CEO of a biotechnology company developing new treatments for cancer and other life-threatening illnesses.
Tags See All Tags