- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - CSS Positioning Best Practices
- Discount - Alien Skin Snap Art 3 MAC
- Buy Microsoft Excel 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,vi)
- Buy OEM Microsoft Office 2007 Standard
- 199.95$ Autodesk Inventor Suite 2011 cheap oem
- 9.95$ Microsoft Streets & Trips 2010 cheap oem
- Buy OEM Symantec Winfax Pro 10.4
- Buy OEM Corel Home Office 5 (Personal & Business)
- Discount - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium with SP2 (32 bit)
- Buy OEM Lynda.com - Create an Interactive Map with jQuery
- Discount - Nero 10 Burning ROM
|Dr. Seuss Characters in Butter at 2010 Iowa State Fair|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by readMedia|
|Monday, 19 July 2010 15:25|
DES MOINES, IA (07/15/2010)(readMedia)-- The world-famous Iowa State Fair Butter Cow will share the spotlight this year with characters from Dr. Seuss' Green Eggs and Ham, which celebrates its 50th anniversary this year. Both the butter Jersey cow and Seuss characters will be on display in the Agriculture Building's 40-degree cooler throughout the Fair, August 12-22.
Butter sculptor Sarah Pratt of West Des Moines plans to take Fairgoers young and old through the story of Green Eggs and Ham, the witty children's book published by Seuss in 1960.
The Butter Cow starts with a wood, metal, wire and steel mesh frame and about 600 lbs. of low moisture, pure cream Iowa butter. Once inside the 40-degree cooler, layers of butter are applied until a life-size butter cow emerges - measuring about 5-1/2-ft high and 8-ft long. While a real dairy cow weighs more than 1,000 pounds, a 600-lb. butter cow would butter 19,200 slices of toast and take an average person two lifetimes to consume. Much of the butter is recycled and reused for up to 10 years. Next year will mark the 100th year of sculpting the Butter Cow at the Iowa State Fair.
The Iowa State Fair is set for "Non Stop Fun" August 12-22, 2010. For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags