- 39.95$ DAZ Bryce 6.1 MAC cheap oem
- Discount - Roxio Copy & Convert 3
- 19.95$ Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 Ultra cheap oem
- Buy Microsoft Outlook 2013 (en,ar,de,es,fr,he,it,ja,ko,nl,pt,ru,bg,cs,da,el,et,fi,hi,hr,hu,id,kk,lt,lv,ms,nb,pl,ro,sk,sl,sr,sv,th,tr,uk,vi)
- Buy OEM Avnex Voice Changer Software Diamond Edition 6.0.34
- Download Lynda.com - Enhancing a Landscape Photo with Lightroom
- Download ACDSee Pro 4
- Buy OEM Adobe Creative Suite 4 Web Standard MAC
- Discount - Apple iLife ’11 MAC
- Buy Cheap Micromat TechTool Pro 7 MAC
- Buy Cheap Adobe Fireworks CS4 MAC
- Buy OEM proDAD ReSpeedr 1 (64-bit)
- Download OmniGroup OmniOutliner Professional 3 MAC
- Buy Autodesk AutoCAD 2010 (en)
- Buy Microsoft Windows Vista Business with SP2 (64bit) (en)
|Dreaming of a Career in the Movies?|
|News Releases - Music & Entertainment|
|Written by Ginny Grimsley|
|Tuesday, 10 July 2012 07:37|
Hollywood Director Offers Tips for Hopeful Writers, Actors, Cameramen
From the box-office smash “The Avengers” to the summer hit “Madagascar 3” reigniting the 3-D craze, movie lovers are more enthralled than ever with film magic, and many fantasize about becoming a part of it. Their annual Westward migration from every film and acting and writing school in the country is as active as ever as they seek their chance to wield the Hollywood wand.
In such a competitive and crowded circus tent, how can a person ensure they catch that elusive trapeze?
Here are five tips from film director Guy Magar, picked up over 30 years making movies and TV shows and teaching through Action/Cut Filmmaking Seminars, the educational course he founded. Magar is also the author of the new Hollywood memoir and love story, Kiss Me Quick Before I Shoot, about his years in Hollywood which is a must-read for all who love movies (www.kissmequickbeforeishoot.
Magar says his career in Hollywood was an exciting, gratifying one. “Between the words ‘action’ and ‘cut’, I get to make my magic … my visual storytelling,” he says. “I fell in love with making movies and have continued loving it for more than 100 production credits in my career.”
“If you share that passion to make film, have a terrific sense of humor to balance the obstacles, and can manage the five tips above, then welcome to Hollywood. Break a leg!”
About Guy Magar
Film and TV director/writer/producer Guy Magar has worked for more than 30 years in the motion picture industry. He recently published his Hollywood memoir, “Kiss Me Quick Before I Shoot: A Filmmaker’s Journey into the Lights of Hollywood and True Love.” His TV credits include “La Femme Nikita,” “The A-Team,” “Dark Avenger” and “Blue Thunder.” His feature films include “Lookin’ Italian,” “Stepfather 3,” “Children of the Corn: Revelation,” and the cult thriller “Retribution,” to be rereleased on DVD for its 25th anniversary this summer 2012. Magar has taught and inspired thousands of students through his Action/Cut Filmmaking Seminar, and his Action/Cut Short Film Competition is designed to discover and encourage new talent annually. He is a popular public speaker who inspires young filmmakers.
Tags See All Tags