- 159.95$ Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2009 (32-bit) cheap oem
- Discount - QuarkXPress 8
- Download Lynda.com - Illustrator CC One-on-One: Advanced
- 199.95$ CorelDRAW Technical Suite X6 (64-bit) cheap oem
- Buy Cheap TuneUp Utilities 2008
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Hebrew (Level 1, 2 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Buy Cheap Acala Video mp3 Ripper
- Buy Cheap Lynda.com - Virtual Instruments in Logic Pro
- Buy OEM Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise R2 SP2 (64 bit)
- Buy Adobe Photoshop LightRoom 3 MAC (zh,en,nl,es,it,ko,de,pt,fr,sv,ja)
- 29.95$ Infinite Skills - Learning Adobe Audition CC cheap oem
- 9.95$ Adobe Illustrator CS5 on Demand cheap oem
- Download Adobe Prelude CC (Full LifeTime License)
|Referendum to Increase the Sheep Assessment to be held Feb. 25 Through March 15|
|News Releases - General Info|
|Written by Amanda Heitz|
|Monday, 25 February 2013 09:21|
The Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship and the Iowa Sheep Industry Association have announced plans to conduct a referendum from February 25 to March 15, 2013.
As part of the referendum, all eligible producers will be able to vote on two questions, the first is whether the $.10 per head assessment on all sheep sold should be increased to $.25. The second question would allow the Iowa Sheep and Wool Promotion Board, beginning in 2016, to change the assessment rate by $.05 every three years. The Board would only be granted this authority if producers approve increasing the assessment to $.25 and the board could only make such changes by resolution only following a producer comment period.
Any producer who is actively engaged within this state in the business of producing or marketing sheep or wool and who receives income from the production of sheep or wool is eligible to participate in the referendum and is entitled to one vote.
Farmers may vote in the Iowa State University Extension office in the county in which they live. When voting each farmer will have to sign an affidavit stating they are a producer eligible to vote or provide proof of their county of residence and a sheep or wool sales receipt from the previous 12 months.
The current Sheep and Wool assessment is $.10 per head on each sheep sold by a producer and $.02 per pound of wool sold by a producer. The Iowa Sheep and Wool promotion board is governed by Iowa Code Chapter 182, which was initially passed in 1985 and was updated last year to allow for the current referendum to increase the assessment rate.
In accordance with Iowa Code, the Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship is responsible for holding referendum votes and all costs incurred by the Department will be reimbursed by the Iowa Sheep Industry Association.
- 30 -
Tags See All Tags