- Discount - Infinite Skills - SolidWorks 2012 Advanced MAC
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Advanced HTML5 Training MAC
- Buy Cheap SmartSound SonicFire Pro 5 Scoring
- Buy Cheap Infinite Skills - Learning SolidWorks 2013
- Buy Photoshop CS4 For Dummies (en)
- Buy Cheap VMware Fusion 4 MAC
- Buy Cheap Autodesk 3Ds Max 2009
- Buy Cheap Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design Standard
- Buy Rosetta Stone - Learn Russian (Level 1, 2 & 3 Set) MAC (zh,en,fr,de,it,ja,ko,es)
- Download FontLab Studio 5 MAC
- Buy ABBYY FineReader 10 Professional Edition (en,bg,hu,nl,el,da,es,it,zh,ko,lt,de,pl,pt,ru,sk,tr,uk,fr,cs,sv)
|Eastern Iowa Hay Producers Association Annual Meeting & Conference To Feature Dr. Brink|
|News Releases - Agribusiness|
|Written by Denise Schwab|
|Tuesday, 21 February 2012 09:09|
Area hay and forage producers are invited to attend the 29th Annual Eastern Iowa Hay Producers Association Annual Meeting and Conference on Thursday, March 8, 2012 at Buzzy’s in Welton. Registration will begin at 10:00 a.m. with the program scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m.
This year’s conference features Dr. Geoff Brink, Research Agronomist at the US Dairy Forage Research Center. The title of his presentation is "Growing, Harvesting, and Storing Cool-Season Perennial Grasses". Brink will discuss management practices to get the most from often-neglected forage that is experiencing resurgence in interest. Dr. Brink’s research interests include quality of grazed and harvested grass and legume forages; sward structure - dairy cow utilization relationships in rotationally-grazed pastures; management and persistence of legumes in pastures; and management effects on temperate grass productivity.
Brian Lang, ISU Extension & Outreach forage agronomist, will discuss alfalfa production and management. Other speakers include Virgil Schmitt, ISU Extension Field Agronomist, and Denise Schwab, ISU Extension Beef Specialist, with regional updates.
The annual meeting of the Eastern Iowa Hay Producers Association (EIHPA) will take place shortly after lunch and will include their election of officers and directors.
Registration for the conference is $30 and includes a membership to EIHPA and meal. Tickets can be purchased at the door. Certified crop advisor credits have been applied for. This conference is sponsored by EIHPA, Iowa State University Extension & Outreach, and the Iowa Beef Center.
Tags See All Tags