|Eighteen New Foods to Debut at 2013 Iowa State Fair|
|News Releases - Food & Dining|
|Written by Lori Chappell|
|Tuesday, 23 July 2013 13:04|
DES MOINES, IA (07/22/2013)(readMedia)-- "Happiness Is" new Fair foods and treats set to make their debut at the 2013 Iowa State Fair, August 8-18. The fresh menu offerings join the list of nearly 200 food choices available throughout the Fairgrounds.
Ten additional new foods will join the eight previously announced items that were part of the Fair's new food contest. Those eight foods, all served on-a-stick, include: Shrimp Corndog, Strawberry Smoothie, Bacon Wrapped Riblet, Sweet Corn Corndog, Deep Fried Brownie, Coconut Mountain, Rib Shack Cowboy and Soft Salted Chocolate-Dipped Almond Pretzel.
Other new foods include:
• Carmel Apple Funnel Cake at Westmorland Concessions
• Strawberry Funnel Cake at Westmorland Concessions
• Maple Bacon Funnel Cake at The Best Around Concessions
• Jalapeno Cheese Corndog at Campbell's Concessions
• Fresh Tenderloin Sandwich at Chuckie's Tenderloins
• Bratwurst on a Pretzel Bun at Arnold's Concessions
• Cajun Flavored Cheese Curds at Brad and Harry's Cheese Curds
• Deep Fried Prairie Oysters at Cattleman's Beef Quarters
• Fresh Wood Oven Pizza at Parlo Pizza
• Graham Champion Fair Square at the northwest corner of the Administration Building
"Nothing Compares" to the Iowa State Fair set August 8-18, 2013. Save money on advance admission tickets now through August 7 (while supplies last). For more information, call 800/545-FAIR or visit iowastatefair.org.
* * *
Tags See All Tags