- Buy Acala DVD Creator 3 (en)
- 49.95$ I.R.I.S. Readiris 11 Pro cheap oem
- Discount - iSkysoft iMedia Converter 2 Mac
- Buy Cheap Altova DiffDog 2009
- Download The Hidden Power of Blend Modes in Adobe Photoshop
- Buy Lynda.com - HTML5: Video and Audio in Depth (en)
- Buy OEM openPim
- Buy OEM Autodesk Autocad Revit Structure Suite 2012
- Buy Cheap Autodesk AutoCad MEP 2012 (32-bit)
- Discount - Autodesk AutoCAD Mechanical 2009
- Buy OEM Adobe InDesign CS4 Styles
- Buy Cheetah 3D 5 MAC (en)
|ELECTRONIC DEMANUFACTURING FACILITY MAINTAINS R2 CERTIFICATION|
|News Releases - Science & Technology|
|Written by Brandy Welvaert|
|Monday, 15 April 2013 15:17|
DAVENPORT, Iowa—Waste Commission of Scott County’s Electronic Demanufacturing Facility has completed and passed its annual surveillance audit to the Responsible Recycling (R2) Standard.
The facility is the first public agency in the world and the only agency in the state of Iowa to achieve this certification. There are approximately 360 facilities in the world that hold R2 certification.
By adhering to the R2 standard, the facility assures its customers that any sensitive data and toxic materials inside their electronics will be managed in the most responsible way. Data-containing items are caged and locked, monitored through a security system, and ultimately destroyed. All potentially harmful materials inside electronics—such as mercury, cadmium and lead—are captured and recycled responsibly. No harmful materials are shipped to developing countries. All of these practices are verified by an independent auditor.
The Electronic Demanufacturing Facility, 1048 East 59th St., Davenport, accepts e-waste with a circuit board and/or cathode-ray tube. Hours are 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m. weekdays. No appointment is necessary, and there is no charge for residents of Scott and Rock Island counties. For more information, call (563) 823-0119 or visit www.wastecom.com. For more information about the R2 Standard, visit www.r2solutions.org.
Waste Commission of Scott County is an inter-governmental agency established in 1972 to provide environmentally sound and economically feasible solid waste management services for Scott County.###
Tags See All Tags